Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Observation. Or am i wrong?

My Observation. Or am i wrong?

I've been looking up recovery stories for over 10 months now and what i have found is that most of the people who have recovered went on (Or was on) Benzo's when they were in withdrawal and all of them recovered, some even better and faster than the ones who didnt.

Here is an example of people who did: Texgirl, Tryingtogetwell, Sunny1008, Nolex, Amana's Nana, Shea Carney, Zoloftfree, Akaenew. There are many more, but cant think now head is so foggy. All of them are off Benzo's too, execpt for one.

All of them healed and most of them very fast. The people who took long to heal and who still struggle never took Benzo's for withdrawal.

Or am i totally wrong and seeing things?

Well, the truth is that you can get hooked on benzos very quick. One of the reasons why Big Pharma started to promote SSRIs in late 1980s so much was people realizing how addictive and dangerous benzo are. In many cases, you can get addicted to them even much faster than in the case of ADs and suffer very similar WD consequences.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

That said, there's always a group of people who can tolerate them (and not suffer from severe WD). But it's better to not take such a risk, Needinghelp.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

nolex didnt take benzos! tigerlily did though to add to your list
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

when I looked at sunny1008 she was still suffering, how did you hear she recivered?
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

but I dont think benzos are going to help, I take the odd one here and there,m maybe 1 per month and they dont really do anything to allivate my symptoms, and Im sure I feel even worse the next day or maybe the next few days.

David Healy said when I asked him that its best not to take anything

Sorry i meant Tigerlily, not Nolex.

Sunny is largerly recovered, doing very well. I speak to her often.

I just thought it was interesting to see people who took them also recovered. I dont take Benzo's at all. Will never touch another psychotropic drug in my life

tell me about sunny, she had it really bad didnt she? you have SOME network going on girl!!

also lov4k9s took them at night, alto says that healing means the stabilising of the cns, so maybe benzos can help the cns calm down and stabilise quicker, but as I said they dont do anyting for me apart from make me even more depressed and dont really take the edge of the anxiety feelings, and thats 5mg, I wouldnt ever get myself a new addiction. too scary..and look at sally, she went on benzos and found it didnt help, she is 11 months off now and no windows and doing very abdly

Sunny was very bad, like me. Bad brain fog, DR/DP mostly everything i described. She said at 1 year off she started seeing improvements.
    From 17 months to 2 years she saw alot of improvements and she is doing well. She still has some symptoms, but they are mild.