Thread: The Famous Effexor Tapering Video

The Famous Effexor Tapering Video

This was made by our own very creative Mixter --

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

this good video shows how much work have people on effexor to do every day during months/years, because laboratory have not create liquid to wean (effexor is not addictive, no need taper, all is in your head, it is your anxiety/depression who become worse...you need it for life, your body do not produce enough serotonin)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Stan -- I think you're ready for a comedy routine (performance)! We're going to get you some gigs.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi, I have a question for you Sheila you have 7 years without med. can you tell me a little bit about your experience? how did you do it? how did it go?

I´m having this "symptom": no matter how good I sleep I CAN´T leave the bed in the morning.My sister she takes 150mgs Effexxor has the exact problem;at this point I try not to think is a "moral" thing that I´m just lazy; I don´t want to add guilt to this.Chao.

Hi, Alex! I want to point you to my "Journal" thread. That's where I summarize my story of getting off Paxil (and some other antidepressants along the way). I have had a very hard journey, but I am getting better and better. And, for me, there was no choice -- the Paxil was making me sicker and sicker -- I started to get very bad occipital headaches, which I had never had before in my life. So, although my w/d has been long and hard, it was the way to health and life.

You can read my Journal thread by clicking here --

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...nificent-woods

Also, I have been getting ready to suggest to you that you start your own Journal thread, so that people will know who you are and will be able to follow your story, with all the pertinent information in one place. If you are willing, please click here --

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...php?5-Journals

And start a new thread, just as you did in the "Spanish Cafe" sub-forum.

Thank you!

I was thinking of you this morning, and it is a very good sign that you were able to get off the Clonazepam and the alcohol already. This might mean your Effexor taper will be similar.

Regarding morning fatigue -- this is very common when you've been on the meds for awhile. As I mentioned, they work kind of like speed, and they exhaust and deplete your body. Many, many people just become more and more exhausted as they continue to take these meds. It happened to me. I just went to work, drank tons of coffee, came home, and collapsed. Mornings got harder and harder.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hey that was me who made this video.

I nowdays use a 1mg resolution Gemini scale, it is cheap get it on ebay.

The dose and weigh is for the Effexor Original Wyeth/Pfizer (not generic, you have to make own measurement instead)

And easy to weigh out because 1 mg effexor effective dose, the granulates weigh out dry weight 3.333 mg;
    75 mg effexor capsule contents weigh out to be 250 mg.

One granulate is average 0.91 mg of dry weight (effective dose weight, for one granulate it is avg. 0.2757 mg)

Hope it could help others who take effexor. And vegicaps O, OO or OOO size is no different from effexor caps (effect is the same)

O size enough for 100 mg and under Effexor, OO size enough for 100-200 mg, and OOO 200-450 mgs I think.

And I feel better take effexor once daily, not twice because of the ups and downs is worse (it sounds strange, but it is so)

Hey there Mixter,

Yes that was you who made the very helpful Effexor tapering video. It is good to see you on the forum giving people additional information on how to taper. You have so much experience and knowledge to share!
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

This video is what I needed to see. I will have to do this when I taper off of Cymbalta. First the Trazodone!
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

Exactamundo.

-- Holger Kalweit