Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Oh!, I forgot.

It is difficult to leave two drugs, but you can achieve, I did it. Well really I took five different medications,... and I'm alive

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Thank you so very much Parox, for the wonderful advice you give me ..You are right, and you speak wisely.
    I am just so very tired of being in constant distress, and want it to end finally ..
    How long were you in WD?
    I think that if it was not the head problems, I would have been able to handle it better ..
    Thank you for writing me, and thank you for your care, and encouragement ..
    My heart is grateful ..
    Wishing you a blessed night ..xx

Today, symptoms were a bit quite, kind of looming in the background ..
    I decided to challenge my fatigue, by attempting to go up and down the stairs ..I managed it slowly, but once ..
    But the moment I stepped down, my brain started to give me the shivers, and the flooding feeling ..:( My face became numb and tingly..
    I became breathless, and dizzy ..needed to lay down ..
    I cannot comprehend why my head does that ..I have been unable to find anyone having gone through this specific symptom .. It certainly is frightening ..
    May God help all people who are hurting ..

Parox – Your illness has affected your children in positive ways also. They have been deepened by the experience, have learned compassion. Your experience with psych meds will save them from ever going through the same Hell. This journey will bring your family closer together.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Are you taking activated charcoal? This could be a part of the problem. You are way too early in w/d to do any kind of detox. At some point, detoxification might be a good idea, but one has to be more stable to even consider it, and, even then, because of the autonomic instability that this syndrome entails, you have to do detox in a very, very slow, gentle way.

Bisco – a lot of people have had the brain shivers, numb, tingling face, and intolerance of exertion. You’re basically experiencing neurological chaos. Your brain became dependent on the drugs, and, with the drugs removed, it can’t settle into it’s previous way of operating yet. Too much change has been thrown at it too fast. It is hyper-sensitive and mis-firing.

You will absolutely heal from this. But, let us know about the activated charcoal first, and then we can think about reinstating a stabilizing minimal dose of Lexapro.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Oooh, I am sorry, to create this problem .
    No I have not taken it at all ..The bottle was never opened, because I know my system is hyper sensitive, to medications and some supplements ..
    I feel terrible though, because I read Joy's thread that she was interested in detoxing, and I suggested the charcoal to her ..:(
    I hope she reads your note and not take it .. I feel terrible ..:(
    Sheila, I wonder when this ordeal will at least become less painful. .? Would reinstating help, even after all this time?
    You say that I am way too early in WD ..even though over 3 months have passed? How long do you think this will last,?

Thank you always for giving me peace of mind. ..I am grateful ..xx

Thank you for your concern Biscotaki but don't worry, I am not going to detox until I have my symptoms under more control.

The length of WD may differ a lot, Biscotaki. It all depends not only on how long you took drugs, what doses, what drugs, but also the individual physiological characteristics of your body - some people get better faster, for some it may take more time. For long-termers 3 months is quite early in WD. Reinstating the very low dose of AD is really worth considering. Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Oh, please don’t feel bad, Bisco. You were clearly trying to be very helpful. And, we’re all still really discovering how best to deal with this syndrome.

And, speaking of still discovering….I talked to Barbara, one of the other Founders, about your situation, and we came up with a possible plan.

Please keep in mind that we don’t know the certain answer to anything. No one knows what the best thing to do is in these tricky situations that people sometimes find themselves in in early w/d. And, it is totally OK for you to decide on whatever you think is best for you. We are just brainstorming.

So, the idea is for you to start on Omega-3 – one 600 mg pill from Trader Joe’s. Are you already taking any Omega-3? We would see how you tolerate that. And we would wait a week. If you are tolerating it well, you might add one more 600 mg pill. Wait another week.

Then, go onto 2 mg of Lexapro. The hope is that the Omega would help stabilize your nervous system and lessen some of the adverse impact you get whenever you take an AD.

Then, you can continue to go up slowly on the Omega-3. After we have seen you stabilize somewhat, you can begin to slowly taper the Lexapro.

-- Holger Kalweit

Oooh, I am completely touched and weeping ..
    My heart is thankful for you and Barbara trying to help me ..
    I do take fish oil and it does not seem to bother me ..I have taken it for a couple of years now ..
    It is from Vital Choice high potency Omega -3 therapy ..I take 3 in the AM, and 3 in PM, for a total of 3,000 I think ..
    What do you think?
    Also, I think that the Ativan is adding distress to me ..I read your first note carefully when I first came here, and learned about interdosing withdrawal ..So I started cutting the Ativan in halves ..So instead of taking 1every 4 hours, I take halves every 2 hours ..
    Unfortunately there is no difference that I feel ..My mouth started the weakness around this time, but it may be a coincidence .. But I feel it needs to go ..But Parox says No ..No ..
    Can you please tell me your thoughts on that?
    If you and Barbara think a small dose of Lexapro will help me, along with the Omega 3 I will do that. ..If you think Trader Joe's is more therapeutic, I will take that ..
    I cannot find words to adequately express how infinitely grateful I am, Dear Sheila ..You are God 's right hand ...xx