Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Hiya Bisco – The head symptoms you describe are so classic that I would have to say that almost everyone on this board has experienced most of them.

Now, yesterday you had a very bad day with extreme weakness and head pain and a feeling you couldn’t speak. And today sounds similar. Have you had these symptoms for the last three months since your last dose of ADs? Are they worse, better, come and go?

Do you have someone to help you at all? Are you able to take care of your basic needs?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I also get the congestion..and many of the other things with w/d, and it is scary. When my stomach gets upset I have been having a cup of tea. Sometimes I will add a couple of slices of fresh ginger and honey. I find that helps sooth things. When I am at my worse I try to lie down, shut my eyes and mentally push away all the bad feelings from me...it sounds silly but I usually fall asleep. When I feel awful, falling to sleep for a short time is wonderful. Being in a state of hyper everything is very tiring. Take courage, and I hope you feel better.
    Joy

Sheila, I have had problems with my head, such as dizziness, unsteadiness, ever since I was prescribed AD 'S ..But since the abrupt taper, especially going into the month of April to now, the head problems have changed in nature, and in intensity. Now my head feels in distress, with a feeling of fullness, and numbness,
    (not pain so much) which makes the rest of my body react, causing havoc, also raising my BP. Thank God is not happening every day, but most days. Sometimes it starts in the afternoon, and holds on ..
    I wonder if the Ativan has to do with it.
    Sheila, no I am not able to take care of basic needs .. I do have a sweet angel who helps me ..
    What do you think,?
    Thank you for your care ..:) I am grateful. ..:

Quote Originally Posted by biscotaki View Post
    no I am not able to take care of basic needs .. I do have a sweet angel who helps me ..
    What do you think,?
    Thank you for your care ..:) I am grateful. ..:
    Hola Biscotaki,

Many of us have gone through that phase.
    I remember to shower, brush my teeth or cook was a great effort for me. Minimally processed cooked meals, not much thought necessary ingredients to use, lol. This symptom is dissipated in a short time, but fatigue still persists.

An anecdote:

A month ago I cook a cake, and my daughter (almost 7 years) told me:
    -Mom, is the first time that such a cake cooked by you.
    I felt sad for my daughter. I have feelings of guilt in the care of my children ... I feel that my children "have a mother physically, yet they have no mother in everything else, at the psychic, emotional ..."

Attention: The whole family suffers the WD and its consequences.

Today I have bad day....

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Thank you dear parox,
    I appreciate your effort to support and encourage ..:)
    I do have those limitations as you ..When I wake up each morning, I have to take my head with me, and the way it feels, prevents me from being steady on my feet, to be able to make coffee, or get a bottle of water for instance ..I then finish quickly, and need to sit down ..
    Later on, if I decide to walk around here a bit, again I feel this flooding in my head, I start to feel dizzy and need to sit down. Taking a shower is a struggle ..much less attempt to cook something ..:(
    I am grateful for you, and your kind heart ..And I enjoyed the bittersweet anecdote ..How true ..
    Wishing you a peaceful, blessed day ..:) xx

Of course, there's always a possibility that Ativan doesn't do you much good, Biscotaki, but it more looks like the too fast WD from SSRIs. So, if you now tried lowering the dose of Ativan, you would find yourself in two, basically cold-turkey, WDs at once. It's better be avoided.

There's always an option of going back on a really low dose of AD to alleviate, at least partially, these terrible symptoms you're experiencing right now. Above all though, you need to trust your intuition here, whether to try to ride it out or try reinstatement.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    A month ago I cook a cake
    Tell us more about this cake, Parox. I can't eat too much sugar, but at some point will be able to, and then maybe use your recipe. :)
    Last edited by Luc; 05-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Good morning Joy,
    I am delighted to find you here :)
    The tea idea is wonderful and the ginger takes care of the upset tummy ..I use it too ..
    And thank you Joy, I did order the magnesium, and it is on the way ..:)
    If you do not mind sharing, I would love to know what supplements you have found helpful.
    Several months ago, I was taken to an alternative doctor, who gave me a supplement to get rid of toxins ..I remember you saying something about toxins ..
    Here is the info for you to investigate ..
    Activated Charcoal, made by Integrative Therapeutics INC.
    Wishing you a lovely, blessed, and serene day ..xx

Luc thank you, I appreciate your encouragement ..This is such s terrific site ..You, Sheila and Stan, are quick to pay attention to distress and respond ..I am eternally grateful to you all ..
    I did sign with a benzo site, hoping to get someone 's expertise there, as to how to handle the Ativan ..Hopefully someone will help ..
    As for reinstating, I have ordered some liquid Lexapro, but am frightened of it ..I just wish to see some positive change in my head and neuro symptoms, to get some encouragement that everything will be allright, and I would feel well again ..
    But having started the 4 th month since stopping AD 'S, and new symptoms coming up, that certainly takes my breath away, and doubt sets in..
    I wrote you a book ..!!
    Wishing you a blessed day ..Thank you for the help you extend to me ..:)

Bisco,
    NOT REDUCE THE DOSE OF ATIVAN

Not a good time to reduce the dose of Ativan. Although you may be going Ativan tolerance, you need to keep taking Ativan to not feel bad.
    When benzo tolerance is reached and does not work anymore, however you have to keep taking to not feel bad. As you recover from WD SSRIs, can make a benzo withdrawal plan.
    REMEMBER: When tolerance exists ---> you take the benzo not to feel bad, however not good for feeling better.
    (It's sad, but this is the same thing happens to them street junkies)
    WD SSRIs, can make a benzo withdrawal plan.

I take Benzo SSRI, and I devised the following plan of Taper:

-Taper partial benzo
    -Taper partial SSRI
    -Below taper benzo, and benzo Off
    -And finally taper SSRI and SSRI-off.

(Sorry, perhaps not well understood by the language, lol)

Keep hope, you'll get better.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress