Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Bisco – I’m not sure, but it looks like your reaction to the Ativan is worse at the dosing times that are close together? What about taking your 4 doses 6 hours apart? I take some pills in the middle of the night.

Alternately, maybe it has to do with your daily biorhythm of cortisol or something. Maybe your body doesn’t need the Ativan at 10:30 and 2:30. Again, maybe moving the doses might help.

Do brainstorm the way Parox suggested.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila :) Missed your presence ..
    I too think that my body does not need all this Ativan, because it objects and lets me know ..
    This is why I am desperate to start a taper ..But I get frightened, reading about the horror stories, about withdrawals while tapering. Maybe I will try going longer between doses as you suggest.
    How are you Sheila? I hope you are doing well.
    Thinking of you, and wishing you wellness always ..:)
    Thank you for your encouragement and support ..Also thank you to dearest Parox, and Luc and Stan.
    All of you are wonderful, caring hearts ..:) May God bless ..xx biscotaki

Hi, I like Sheila's suggestion too... I hope this works for you Biscotaki
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

Hi dear Amani,
    I have missed you ..I pray you are doing well ..Yes, I think to try Sheila's suggestion.
    Maybe try 5 hour space and see how that works.
    Thank you for your care Amani, you are so sweet ..:)
    Sending you many hugs ..biscotaki

This is a monumental ordeal, Bisco, but thousands of people have been through it and come out the other side. You will, too!

Are you using prayer to help your mind and body be as calm as possible?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

How was your day Biscotaki?

It was a very distressful day today :(
    All the dreadful symptoms were here ..:(
    I think I got hit with s terrible wave ..It is now a bit past 7 pm, and I am sick still ..
    How are you? Are your symptoms gone after the B12? I sure hope so.
    Thank you Amani, sending you wishes of wellness and peacefulness ..
    biscotaki

Stay strong, Bisco! The good window will open.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you so very much, dear Luc ..I do not seem to get a break from this horrid situation..:(
    My head issues are awful, my sinus is bothering me ..I feels like any little smell blocks my breathing. It wakes me up at night, and I try to find a position to where my nose cannot smell anything. But I do not succeed ..
    Eventually I go back to sleep, but it returns in the morning and stays all day. :( It is a symptom that has been around for awhile.
    Any thoughts, as to what this is? Also has anyone reported anything similar?
    Thank you, with warm appreciation ..xx Biscotaki

Hello Bisco,

Sensory hypersensitivity is very common. I had it when I was in acute benzo wd.
    -the light: it felt like when the eye doctor puts drops in his eyes to see the fundus. It seemed that the light entered my brain, lol
    -The noises. I startled noise, also bothered me that several people talk at once, and even when my daughter cried ...
    -The odors. All kinds of chemical perfumes. Also felt a smell from my body, and that no one else noticed, but it was very annoying, because he was continually
    Fortunately, I think all this was short-lived

Big hugs,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress