Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Yes, you may be suffering ativan tolerance.

Not a good time to decrease ativan. Wait a while to stabilize. You do not want to suffer WD ISRS + WD BENZO (=would be terrible).

While stabilizes, you can get information on the benzo WD · "Dr. Ashton Manual":

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Benzo Forum:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

It'd be best to not come off of Ativan yet, now that you're still in SSRIs WD, Biscotaki. It would be too much for your system. Also, your ADs taper was very short - only 3 months, and after 6 years of taking them. You could try going back on a really small dose of the one you think your body might have tolerated most, to simply take the edge off of your symptoms.

Just wanted to tell you that your body is able to heal from all that you're going through right now, but you simply need some time. Parox gave you some very good links as far as Ativan/benzo are concerned.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

bis, are you in the uk? your use of the word sertraline instead of zoloft suggests you are, if so I can put you in touch with a group who support people safly getting off the benzos, let me know.

Im sorry you are in this awful situation, I too am suffering greatly, time will heal us. please God.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thank you, for the warm welcome and encouragement Joy ..I appreciate it very much ..
    Your words are true, but I feel saddened that you too have suffered ..:(
    If you like, please tell me what stimulants you avoid for the wellness of your nervous system.
    And I do understand about the BP being erratic ..mine is like that too :(
    I wish you serenity and blessings ..I hope all your days are peaceful ..xx

Yesterday, was crisis day for me ..:(
    It started in the AM, and lifted to an extend., at 10 PM.
    It all had to do with symptoms, unnerving symptoms to my head. ..I could feel squeezing and a sort of a burning sensation to the back of my head ..As well as what felt like flooding to the whole head ..
    This caused my whole body to become totally immobile ..
    I could not carry myself, I had overwhelming weakness, and I think that my nervous system may have being involved, because I was shaky with tingles and was worried opening my mouth to speak, as I was concerned that I would not be able to form words ..:) My BP was erratic too ..
    Very scarry experience, that I pray does not return ..
    Has anyone gone through this? Can you please tell me what was happening to me ..?
    Thank you for your continuous support and encouragement ..
    I wish for a peaceful day, to anyone hurting...

So sorry to hear it, Biscotaki. Yes, those symptoms are hellish. All sorts of neurological stuff imaginable; burning, pinching, tingling, hurting sensations. SSRIs are very addictive - your body is experiencing WD. What may help, is to try to avoid any major physical exertion, or any major changes in your diet and your daily activities - these may worsen the symptoms. You may also want to start taking fish oil. Please, have a look at this thread; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...hp?831-Omega-3

We are sending you lots of Positve Energy!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Luc thank you for your help and encouragement ..
    There was no tapering in my case ..:( The Psyche doctor removed 10mg of Lexapro, and 25mg of Sertraline in 15 days at his rehab clinic ..This is why I think I am in this nightmare ..:)
    I will not do anything with the Ativan, and will read the info that PAROX was kind to send ..
    Thank you for looking in on me ..God bless you ..

Thank you dear PAROX ..I feel grateful for the info you send me ..I am in awe with the support of all you, caring and wonderful people ..God bless you ..
    I wonder what method you used to taper your benzo ..
    Sending you blessings and peacefulness ..xx

Dear. sweet Iggy thank you ..
    No I do not live in the UK, but the USA ..Sertraline is the off label Zoloft ..
    If you think the group can help with my situation, I will be grateful ..
    I am sorry you are hurting too Iggy ..:(
    I will include you in my prayers ..
    Wishing you peacefullness, and blessings ...xx

Good Morning Biscotaki,
    I hope you are feeling some relief today. What horrible sensations! Yes, as Luc suggested, do look at the fish oil. I believe it makes a huge difference although it takes a while to get in your system. The thread on here has much information. Like everything you have to do in w/d, just increase gradually.
    As I have a sensory overload easily, I stay away from anything that could be too stimulating. Movies/books with too much violence or emotional tone to them, I prefer silence but when I want music I put on something peaceful or rythmic. My reading these days is either about healthy and well being or spiritual in nature.
    When I feel good it is particularly hard to stay peaceful as I am so happy to get out and get moving again..so still pace it and don't think because you have a good day it is done. There truly is windows of feeling good and waves of the symptoms..right now I am in a wave for the last few days and it is very hard.
    Speech is affected with me. If I hadn't experienced the relief of a window where I can talk fine for days I would think I had a stroke. I stutter and stammer trying to say something..and it is very frustrating. It comes and goes. I look forward to being able to wake up in the morning again and not wonder how I feel today...just be able to get on with the day. I commend you for making the effort to connect with people and getting support. For me, I don't know where this will all end..or when but my plan is to use this time to start to pay more attention to my overall health so I come out of it a stronger and healthier person than I went into it.
    I personally find taking magnesium chloride, which is a liquid, to be very helpful for calming. I have included many supplements but that isn't well tolerated by all people so you have to try and see. I believe we will gradually heal Biscotaki.
    I hope you have a nice peaceful day.
    Joy