Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Howdy, Bisco! The Omega-3 is slowly making my feet better, and making me more resilient. I wish it would go faster, but it’s *definitely* happening. My theory is that Omega-3 will be more effective faster and at a lower dose for people who take it earlier in the w/d process. Eventually, we may find that taking a fairly high dose *before* you start tapering leads to a much easier recovery.

Are you seeing any change in your symptoms, or not quite yet?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

This is wonderful news Sheila ..!! We have something to look forward to ..:)
    I am so happy that you are being helped ..:)
    As for me, no not yet ..I wonder if I should up the dose to 6,000..?
    What do you think?
    Good to "talk "with you ..:)
    Keep up the good work ..:) xx biscotaki

For about a couple of weeks or longer, I have been experiencing these symptoms that
    stay with me the whole day ..
    My heart is doing some low level constant palpitations, and my stomach is tight and hurts ..
    I am trying to understand if this is anxiety. ..
    I wonder if anyone has been going through it ..
    The other thing constant is my breathing ..It is labored, and lasts all day ..It takes my strength away, and makes my chest
    tight and hurting when I try to breathe. Could this be Ativan related, since it is a CNS
    depressant..?
    Thank you for any input ..xx
    Biscotaki

Great to her about your feet, Sheila! May it continue.

Bisco, the anxiety you're describing is, most likely, some elements of akathisia + the WD-induced "chemical/physiological" anxiety + "normal" anxiety and stress caused by the symptoms you are experiencing on top of it all. I had all of them, and in the hellish registers, but it's gotten much much better.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Biscotakarini – I would go up approximately 500 mg EPA + DHA every two weeks. And note if you have any reaction to going up. And note if you see any benefit.

Also, I was just thinking about your jaw problem today. Next time the weak jaw bugs you, maybe you could try doing a little bit of jaw exercise and stretching. You know how actors do all sorts of mobility exercises for their mouths?

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Aww, dearest Sheila, I love that ..:) Biscotakarini ..:) pretty cute ..:)
    About noticing reactions to going up on the Omega 3's what would those be? What should I be looking for?
    Now ...complain time ..been suffering these past few days, with my sinus plugging up, and somehow causing shortness of breath ..The on going low grade heart palpitations,the hurting, burning stomach, the vise around my head, that keeps getting tighter ..:(
    These symptoms have been relentless, and just when I am about to drift to sleep, there they are ..waking me up ..:( (I should post a Rumi text about all these visitors, that come calling ..)
    What say you? How long must one suffer in this manner?
    Sending you appreciation, with a thankful heart ..
    And also to sweet and kind Luc ..Who always makes me feel better with his encouraging words ..:) Also, sweet Parox, and dear Stan ..xx biscotaki

Bisco, pressure in the head is very common. Also frequent awakening when they go to sleep. This related to the transition of sleep stages from wakefulness to sleep, or a phase of light sleep to deep sleep phase

Are you doing benzo taper?

If so, it could be causing some temporary imbalance in the dream.

SWEET DREAMS

Big hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Aww, my dear, sweet Parox ..:) Thank you for your reassuring words ..
    No, I have not started the taper yet ..I am praying and hoping that these
    symptoms will ease up first ..It does not look like it will be any time soon. :(
    Sweet dreams to you ..Loads of hugs. :) biscotaki

Biscoteca!

Re Omega-3 – just pay close attention. I don’t know what effects you might get.

For sinus – you might try steaming your face with a towel over your head.

This is martyrdom for sure, bisco. But, all your symptoms are typical and they will be getting better.

And thank you for bringing Amani to the IAWP. We appreciate the vote of confidence, and you are doing your part to spread the word about the problem and about the help that’s available for it.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by biscotaki View Post
    These symptoms have been relentless, and just when I am about to drift to sleep, there they are ..waking me up
    All the symptoms you've described, Bisco are so WD, but this one - getting woken up - especially. After coming off of drugs, your entire CNS is severely compromised; it kicks in "fight or flight" mode so often and so unexpectedly. It can get very bad at the time when your body is trying to drift off to sleep - the alerting system is mightily dysregulated and the adrenals dump lots of cortisol and adrenaline. With time, though, it will be getting back to normal.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.