Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Quote Originally Posted by biscotaki View Post
    But I have to work hard to believe, and put it in my head that, the day will come, that I will be able to walk freely, and take care of myself as before.I always wish the best for you ..Be well, and keep walking ..:)
    Oh, you absolutely will, Dear Bisco. We'll be helping you on your path to Healing. Yes, it may not happen overnight, but, contrary to what you're experiencing right now, your body is healing day and night, and, at some point, you'll start feeling a considerable improvement.

Yes, keep walking, just keep walking - that's the best treatment for WD. :)
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you for the welcome Biscotaki...
    I will be introducing myself and telling my story when I am feeling a little better...
    But Sheila's and Luc's wise words already gave me some strength..

hello Biscotaki
    i have very suffered from all body, chest, spine, legs, akathisia, unable to stand, bowels, prostate, dry mouth, vision trouble,
    after 4 years all is still here with the waves pattern, but some very less intense; it is the syndrome of protracted withdrawal or discontinuation antidepressant withdrawal syndrome; it needs time to improve;
    what we can do is good eat, much rest, patience, and slowly we will be able to walk more, exercise more, better speak, less pains etc
    for me this needs years, it is so,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

It was a restless night from 3 am on ..I was tossing and turning and could not find
    a peacefully spot ..
    Also neurological problems, with twitches and tiny tremor beneath the skin.
    I had and still do some aggressive feelings, but thank God they have not surfaced ..
    My head is dizzy, and prevents me from walking ..my heart is acting up on and off, and my stomach is burning, and feels very nervous ..:(
    I am in a very uncomfortable, uneasy place ..
    I am praying that as the day goes on, that it will go away ..
    I know I have talked about these symptoms before, but I am looking for a kind heart, to offer gentle encouragement ..
    Thank you ..biscotaki

Yes, we are with you all the time, Dear Bisco. These are absolutely WD symptoms. They do get better. Oh, they're so so painful, and they change a lot - sometimes the physical stuff is worse one day, the next one, you suffer so so much emotionally. It won't last forever though. It will eventually start improving. Sending you the Window of Relief! May it get better in the evening.

Biscotaki,
    I know how you are feeling... I did not have head issues like you, but I had other nasty symptoms - so many days, where every minute was so hard to bear..It was pure torture, minute after minute, and hour after hour...
    I felt like I was stuck - I was feeling so bad that it felt like there is no way that my brain can recover from that ... But.. Finally I am starting to feel better...
    Now, it is still hard but no way near how bad it was...

Bisco, you will get better too... Hang in there... I know, it is really hard, but no matter how messed up hour brain and body feel now, you will get better... Things will get easier...

And remember, you are not alone in this....
    Hugs
    Amani

hello Biscotaki,

i had similar as you, the suffocating(i am still alive), the blood pressure, trembling, standing, the chest tightness, shortness of breath,
    all is better today, no more feeling i will pass out; look television, or street and try to survive, all will be manageable with time;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Thank you dear Luc ..I appreciate your support and you, running to offer encouragement ..
    I hope symptoms will start improving, because I get discouraged. ..
    I see symptoms getting worse ss time passes, rather than getting better ..:(
    Tapering Ativan, weighs heavily on my mind, and am looking for options to get rid of it, without compromising my nervous system further ..
    But I do not know where to turn for help on that ..
    Thank you for sending me the window of relief ..I cannot wait to see it, open wide, and staying that way ..:)
    May God bless you, for the care you share ..xx biscotaki

Quote Originally Posted by biscotaki View Post
    Tapering Ativan, weighs heavily on my mind, and am looking for options to get rid of it, without compromising my nervous system further ..
    But I do not know where to turn for help on that ..
    Bisco,

I hope this video can be useful for cutting benzo (Ativan). You should assess whether it is now a good time to make the cut of benzo.

http://youtu.be/ySD_UIMVFg0

Take care, and hugs.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Bisco, I understand this Ativan thing 100%. Though it is very likely that it's mostly ADs WD that is causing your current symptoms, there's always a possibility your body is not tolerating Ativan well. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to be certain of anything. If you decided to taper it, please remember to do it very slowly and monitor the situation closely - if you felt it is worsening, you'll always be able to go back on the drug. The tapering method for benzos is very similar to that for ADs - you go down by 10% every 3-6 weeks. Have you checked this benzo site? Here's the index;

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php There's the Planning Your Taper Section (with the Titration Taper Plans section). You will find it very helpful.

Yes, in some cases the AD WD symptoms get worse for some time after going off of the drug - it is as painful as it is illogical, but it happens quite often - it's more than just the drug leaving your system - it's that your body needs to find some balance, rearrange itself, accomodate to new post-drug circumstances. The good news is that, after the lowest and most painful point of WD is reached, it then starts to improve. Hang in there!