Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

How are you doing, biscotaki? I'm not used to not seeing you here!

I’m at 12,000 mg EPA + DHA.

Yes, it sounds like the treadmill might be too much for you right now. Crazy, isn’t it? You will get stronger with time.

Right now, calming your system seems to be what’s called for. It’s great you’re doing belly breathing. Does it feel good?

It might be worth looking into relaxation exercises or meditation. Many people have found this takes the edge off the worst of the symptoms.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila w0w ..:) I hope to get there too .. Since last, I have added 2, so am now up to 4 am 3 midday, 4 pm.
    How do you feel on 12,000 IU?
    Sheila, please talk to me about a disturbing symptom that has returned with a /vengeance, after having been sort of there, but kind of quite for 2 months ..
    My heart feels like it is flooded, and heavy .. my neck too ..my stomach is burning, and my breathing is labored ..am trying to determine if this is some form of anxiety...What do you think?
    In early March, I went to the ER with this heart situation ..They kept me overnight ..Tests revealed no heart issues. ..Thank God ..But this is difficult to manage ..
    Also, I wonder if it is an Ativan issue, because as soon as I dose, it gets more pronounced .. I would be grateful for any feedback ..
    Sending you thoughts of wellness, and blessings ..xx biscotaki

Bisco – you might be updosing too fast on the Omega. Weren’t you just at 3 + 3 recently? And you were supposed to add 2?

Also, did you switch yet from Vital Choice to TJ? That’s another change.

Omega-3 might be activating for some people in w/d. So, you should go up slowly. This might be why your heart symptom is back.

Of course, w/d symptoms also come back for no discernable reason. That’s normal, too.

Also, did you start tapering the Ativan? That’s another variable in the mix.

Let me know what the story is with your Omega-3.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, yes I was taking 3 am 3 pm, and added 2 midday .. sometimes though I take 4 in the evening ..I am desperate to help my brain function normal again .
    To be able to walk without getting dizzy, to be able to stand and not get dizzy, to be able to take care of myself like normal people do ..
    About the Omega 3,
    I have some VC still, so no Trader Joe's yet ..
    As for the Ativan, I have a titrating schedule from BB 'S, going down 5% per month, but I have not started yet .
    .I am sorry to be asking the same question, but in your time here, have you seen this head situation?
    If it were you with it ( knock on wood.) what would you do?
    Where would you ask, as to what is happening? And why it does not get better?
    I have read people complaining of some head discomfort, some dizzy, maybe a headache, but nothing debilitating like what I have ..:(
    What you think, or anyone else in the forum ..: Please I need some ideas ..some help. Is it ok for me to start a new thread and ask, for some collective wisdom ..??
    I am grateful always ..Thank you ..xx biscotaki

biscotaki,

check out the list of symptoms on this website (i am currently trying to read a book written by the founder of that group)
    http://recovery-road.org/about-withdrawal-2/symptoms/

it includes some of the symptoms you are having like: Headaches/Tight band around head: feeling as if an imaginary band around head is constantly being tightened, throbbing pain in head, migraine-like headaches, pain in temples, feeling unsteady on feet, Facial numbness: face numb/tingling, forehead numb, no feeling in one side of face, no feeling in both sides of face, stuffy nose

also, about omega 3 supplements, i noticed you take it at 4am - check if you are supposed to take it with food if you have not done so already... sometimes you need to take supplements with food to avoid getting an upset stomach or to help with absorption...and.............and keep walking :)... i really like this website...

I totally understand how much you would like relief. Sometimes, I want to swallow the whole bottle of fish oil pills. But, it can backfire on you to go up too fast. You might get *less* benefit and more adverse effect. This w/d beast requires the patience of a saint.

You seem to really have the fear that your head symptoms are unique and therefore your prognosis is worse. They really are not unique, bisco. And, I have to say, most of us at some point think we have a symptom that makes us worse than everyone else. It’s one of the hallmarks of w/d to think that at some point! :)

The reason you’re not getting better yet is simply that 1) you have been very sensitive to ADs from the get-go, and 2) it is very early in your recovery. People can be very sick, with no improvement for a long time in this syndrome, and then, something clicks, and they start to see some improvement. That’s very, very common.

There are some simple exercises you can do at home that might help the dizziness. Squirrel and Stan know about them. If they don’t see this thread, you could pm them. Or you can do some Googling.

-- Holger Kalweit

Welcome to this wonderful site Amani ..You are so very sweet, trying to help me ..
    Thank you, I am grateful ..
    I will look into the link, as it is the first time I have seen my symptoms listed ..!!
    That gives me some comfort ..
    And thank you about the Omega 3 concerns ..I do take them with food, even with a banana.
    And I take them in the am ( 4 of them) midday, and so on ..
    I am delighted that you are here ..This is a caring and supportive place ..:)
    Wishing you wellness Amani ..xx
    And yes ..lets keep walking like Luc says ..:) biscotaki

Thank you so much Sheila ..It all makes sense, the way you explained it ..
    I think I have a huge problem comprehending that this syndrome can actually cause all this pain, torment, and havoc ..That it can and does strip a human being of well being, and all elements that make each of us unique.
    May God bless you, for always taking the time to offer support and encouragement ..I am with a grateful heart for you, and everyone here
    I will be careful with the Omega 3s..
    Wishing blessings for you ..biscotaki

Bisco, WD symptoms are so unlike anything else. They really are. Also, their intensity and morphing from one into another is incredibly distressful. I just want you to know that this utterly bizarre experience is simply WD. :) It's unbelievably hard, and in certain instances it may take for the body to catch on, but the improvement always always happen.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you dear Luc ..
    Your words bring comfort and reassurance always.. I just need to put it in my head, that I am not special, that these atrocious symptoms don't just happen to me ..!!
    Right now, my brain is wired to think that this will not go away any time soon.
    Having to deal with the Ativan problem, is an added burden to worry about.
    But I have to work hard to believe, and put it in my head that, the day will come, that I will be able to walk freely, and take care of myself as before.
    I always wish the best for you ..Be well, and keep walking ..:)
    Biscotaki