Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

No worry, Bisco - the mouth thing is a very common symptom. I had it both ways - the clenched (accompanied with bruxism = the grinding of teeth) and the loose jaw. But it's gotten much better. Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you Luc, I always appreciate your encouragement ..It means so much ..
    I wonder how long it will last ..:(
    Can I please ask you ..I started to slowly read your journal ..I am sorry that you went through so much ..:(
    When you were tapering benzos, did you have a schedule?
    If so, was it easy to follow, and did you have interdose withdrawals ..? Were you taking Omega 3's, and did they help you ..?
    Thank you Luc... I wish many blessings for you ..
    Biscotaki

Hey, Dear Bisco. No, I didn't have any schedule with the drugs - unfortunately, I went cold turkey on them, which was a big mistake. At the time I didn't know any better. It was a poly-c/t too, so it took me quite a time to start improving. I should have reinstated the drugs to be able to do the slow taper, but, for a couple of reasons I sadly didn't.

But the benzo tapering schedule is very similar to that for ADs - 10% drops every 3-6 weeks are usually the best option unless some people need to go down with the dose still more slowly.

I did take *some* Omega-3 in early WD, but not too much. I started to take it regularly some time into the WD - here too, if I had known better, I'd have started taking it much earlier on.

I still have managed to get much better comparing to earlier times and it keeps improving - slowly, but surely. We're with you all the time... Sending you the Healing Vibes...

i had teeth chattering the first year off, this is gone
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

when I lay down to sleep I notice how my teeth are clamped together and when I am very bad my teeth chatter like mad out of terror.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thank you Luc, Stan, and Iggy for responding ..What a sad and painful situation for us all ..
    Well, today I tried your wonderful motto Luc, " keep walking " but I fell on my face every time ..
    My head has been acting up, the back of my head, causing me bad dizzy, that causes me to loose my balance. :(
    Also, I have some anxiety, and crying spells, along with my heart and throat feeling like being flooded, causing distress ..
    But my head worries me so much!! It goes away for awhile, only to return, and cause havoc ..
    I loose faith and hope each time this happens ..
    Thank you for reading my teary text ..
    God bless all hurting people ..biscotaki

OK, that seems like a good reason to switch to Trader Joe’s. I just didn’t want you to switch just because I mentioned TJ’s since your Vital Choice is fine, too. Your VC has 550 mg per pill, and the green and red (sort of chartreuse!) TJ has 600.

TJ’s has all sorts of goodies!

Do you do any breathing or relaxation exercises, bisco?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Oooh, I love TJ 'S so much ..!! But I cannot go anymore ..But when I need something, a sweet friend goes shopping there ..
    Sheila, the only exercise is belly breathing. ..I try the treadmill, but even doing two minutes, my head gets flooded, and I get the terrible dizzy ..
    What you think? Aww, and where are you now with the Omega 3's?
    I hope you had a blessed day ..xx

Aaah, someone please delete two posts ..!! I do not seem to succeed when I try ..!! Thank you ..!!

Bisco, at that stage of WD too much of physical exertion may worsen your symptoms. In some cases, people are able to tolerate it even in early WD, in some it makes things worse. Please, do not push yourself to do it - keep your body as calm as possible. As you will be emerging from the worst of it, your tolerance to exercise will be improving. You could always try the breathing stuff, even if it meant doing it for 10 secs at each go. The more time will be passing, the better you will be able to know how your body reacts to all stimuli and in some cases avoid destabilising the system.

You are very brave!