Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Parox, I missed you ..:) I was thinking of you out in the country, having fun with nature ..:)
    Thank you for responding, I so appreciate that ..
    But what is Ativan CT ..?
    I take 0.5 Mg 4 times a day, every 4 hours, starting at 6:30 am ..The 10:30 dose and the 2:30 pm dose bring some issues ..
    Such as restlessness, and pronounced head issues ..The 6:30 pm sometimes brings issues too ..
    The night dose is a half a tablet ..
    You say to cut one of the mid -day doses in a tiny amount ..Can you please tell me how tiny ..?
    Thank you again dear Parox ..You brought smiles to see ..:) Hugs back ..:) biscotaki
    Ps. It is shortness of breath ..You described it right ...It starts at my sinuses, even though I do not have sinus issues ..Then down my chest where it feels constricted and suffocating .. My heart acts up too ..:( xx

Bisco, go to RECOVERY ROAD there you will find coping tools, encouragement, and other good positive things.

And BREATHE....!!
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Hi Alex, thank you ..how are you? I have been thinking about you, wishing that you are peaceful ..
    Alex, my brain does not compute, especially when the head issues are present ..And am getting lost ..
    Where is Recovery Road?
    I appreciate your encouragement ..be well. Biscotaki

Hello Bisco:

CT ativan = "Cold turkey" describe the actions of a person who abruptly gives up a habit or addiction rather than Gradually easing the process through gradual reduction (wikipedia)

There were changes in the Ativan dose (mgs.) in the last six months (Increase or decrease mg.?)

You could try "abrade" o "sanding" very, very little ativan pill, the pill you take at 10.30. Do this 2 or 3 weeks and see how you feel (if you feel worse, better or the same).

Sanding very, very little = Sanding so little that the pill has the appearance of being full.

Do not know if I'll be explained well.

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Hi Alex, thank you ..how are you? I have been thinking about you, wishing that you are peaceful ..
    Alex, my brain does not compute, especially when the head issues are present ..And am getting lost ..
    Where is Recovery Road?
    I appreciate your encouragement ..be well. Biscotaki

Despite my difficult personal issues, I feel an important improvement in anxiety, one of the worse symptoms for me.

Recovery Road: http://recovery-road.org/
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Parox, I would never do CT ..but I wonder about the Ativan dosage changes.
    Can you please elaborate on that a little bit please?
    Thank you for all the care and support you send to me ..I appreciate that so much ..
    Wishing you well, with love ..xx biscotaki

Hi Sheila, I did go look at Omega 3's but I can only read a little at a time ..I will complete soon I hope ..
    Lately, I have an issue that consumes my being .. Weakness in my mouth...I worry opening my mouth to speak.
    I find that I cannot participate in conversation, because my mouth is tired and weak ..I do not know how to explain this any better ..sadly my family gets caught in this, and I am unable to explain to them what is happening to me at the moment..I can see the frustration on their faces ..:(
    Wishing you well always ..xx biscotak

Bisco – Just keep reading the Omega thread and other threads on the site slowly. There is a lot of good info and uplifting stuff.

Do tell me – why are you thinking of switching from your Vital Choice to Trader Joe?

Regarding your mouth – It is a disturbing, annoying symptom, but it is clearly due to w/d, and it will definitely heal. You seem to be having the opposite problem from what most people with neurological problems have – tight jaw. But, opposites are related, and I’m sure the cause is related. I have had a terribly tight jaw in w/d, but it eventually got better.

You may also be having trouble thinking at the same time that your mouth is weak. That is also “normal” for w/d and you will get better.

Can you come up with a code word or signal to tell your family? Something that means “Oops, I’m going into that mode again where it’s hard for me to talk and think. It’s caused by w/d and there’s nothing we can do about it right now but it will get better all by itself. Please just say something reassuring or sympathetic to me.”
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Awww Sheila, thank you ..that is a wonderful idea about my mouth problem ..:)
    That is what I will do ..I do hope it disappears sooner, rather than later ..It is so very embarrassing ..:( Annoying too..!!
    I thought about Trader Joe's, because it is just down the street, and easier to get to ..
    A lot of times I run out without realizing it, and have to wait for the shipment to arrive ..
    Also, I read that Saffron tea is good for relaxing ..Trader Joe's has it ..So to get both there ..:)
    I hope your day was blessed ..:) xx Biscotaki