Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Need help with protracted withdrawal - Biscotaki

Joy, just thinking about you,

A big hug with healing energy, lol
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Bisco, how you go with the ativan? You started to decrease??
    Do you feel better?. I think of you many times, because I too was in benzo + ADs.

force,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

bisco – I recommend Trader Joe’s time-release Vit. C. They don’t use any GMO in their products.

Have you been to my journal thread, lately? You can see my latest reports there. ;)

Re the shifting of the Omega-6 / Omega-3 ratio, this is just my impression. If you’re a hearty young person who gets a TBI at war, you only have to fix the TBI, and so you may see results of Omega-3 supplementation quickly. But, if you’re middle-aged and have had chronic health issues for awhile, I think 1) it takes longer for a shift in your 6/3 ratio to show visible benefits because – whether you do it by diet or by supplements – you’re slowly changing the balance of fatty acids throughout your whole body, and 2) there is a lot more to repair throughout your whole body.

All of that repair work is 1) effort, and 2) it may cause temporary problems along the way. For example, every time I updose on my Omega-3, I get some detox. That means more fatigue and more neuro and detox symptoms. Now, not everyone is going to have a detox effect, but I think other people who have been sick with something for a long time – whether it’s psych med-related or other – may have some similar “work” induced by shifting their 6/3 ratio.

It seems like this is the case no matter what treatment you try if you have been sick for a long time (no matter what the illness), especially if you’re older. The treatment inevitably entails some “work” and transition for the body, so there’s some sort of healing crisis / herxheimer / cleansing reaction.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, Thank you for all this wonderful information ..
    I appreciate knowing this subject. The Omega 6/3 ratio escapes me a bit, but I understand that older people beef more time to see results ..I am right there ..in the older catagory.
    Thank you also for the vitamin C info. I purchased some from TJ 's
    I just posted a new thread in the "journals " topic, with a new ordeal to endure.
    Hopefully someone will offer some help ..Also, I misspelled the subject topic .:( I wrote to Luc asking if it can be corrected, as to not be further embarrassed ..!!
    I always appreciate you Sheila ..Thank you for all your care.
    Wishing you peacefullness, hugs, biscotaki

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    Joy, just thinking about you,

A big hug with healing energy, lol
    Thank you Parox, I appreciate it. I hope you are doing well and enjoy time in country house and garden this summer!
    Hugs,

Quote Originally Posted by biscotaki View Post
    Also, I misspelled the subject topic.
    No worry. I fixed it, Bisco.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You are an ANGEL ..:)
    Thank you, thank you ..:)
    Wishing you a peaceful night, dear Luc ..
    xx biscotaki

Same to you, Bisco. Stay strong.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks for your loving words, bisco!

Basically, every single cell in our body has a cell membrane made of a combo of Omega-6 and Omega-3. If the cell membrane has too much Omega-6, it is hard and inflexible. This is a problem everywhere in the body, but especially in the cells of the brain, where it interferes with neurotransmitter signalling. The receptor sites on the cell membrane are inflexible and don’t work as well.

If your cell membranes have more Omega-3, they are flexible and wiggly and very responsive, and it makes your whole body run the way it is supposed to!

It’s all about flexibility!!!! At every level of existence!!! ;)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit