Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: My story

Great to hear about Peanut doing so well! Step by step.

No reason to worry about implementing self-healing/healing others, Miranda. Any form of activity/thought/good intention/action that brings relief, help and good advice to other human being and any living creature is good by definition. :)

Well, WD is physical = there is a physical condition that the body needs to heal from. Yet, many of us were put on those drugs to try to alleviate the suffering taking place on a more spiritual level. But, even if WD may be a physical illness, there's every reason to believe (*I* personally believe it 100%) that the healing source, both from the outside (healing, remote healing, good thoughts and intentions from other human beings and from the "universe") and from the inside (self-healing/positive self-thought/meditation) can speed up the recovery process.

It may take some time to figure out these things more, but it will happen at some point. Meanwhile, if someone is already able to try out some of these approaches, it may be really worth it.

I always say how skeptical I used to be not that long ago about such things. I laughed at any idea that did not fit in the current scientific paradigm. But no more.

Ps Then they also say that we're not "matter" at all but more "energy"/"vibration". But how to define what *really* is a matter, energy and vibration, at infinitum? :)
    Last edited by Luc; 05-14-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Miranda -- That’s wonderful about Peanut. And that’s really neat you’re branching out and trying new things like The Secret. Do you have any particular thoughts in mind when you ask whether wrong thinking may have led to getting on the ADs?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Luc – Actually, I realized it wasn’t a synchro about the Jill Runnion wolf video. You probably already realized this. Due to the fact that the Founders all log onto the IAWP Youtube channel, our IPs are being tracked in a linked way by Youtube. (Yuck.) If I view a video, it will show up as a recommendation for you, and vice versa. But, yeah, it will be very interesting to see if Runnion has encountered psych med w/d yet….

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, it well could be, Sheila. Let us try to chalk it up to something like a "technologically forced synchro" or something. LOL.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Miranda -- That’s wonderful about Peanut. And that’s really neat you’re branching out and trying new things like The Secret. Do you have any particular thoughts in mind when you ask whether wrong thinking may have led to getting on the ADs?

I felt really bad about myself and tended to be pessimistic about life. I honestly think counseling would have helped. Then add to that year's of antidepressant use. I think part of the reason it has taken me this long to get off the meds has some to do with dealing with old emotions and learning new ways of looking at life and it's events. Sometimes it is so overwhelming to feel again...I wonder if that is part of the reason people end up giving up the fight to freedom. For me I've had to work hard and get help to change my negative thinking patterns.

I think it’s great that you’re acknowledging that you have felt bad about yourself, that counseling might have been a good path, and that you might have some resistance to dealing with some of your emotions and the work of healing and learning. That’s all great insight. This is more than half the battle!

I do think real healing takes work and means facing one’s demons. But, I also believe it is the only way to true, genuine, deep vitality and happiness. And I definitely think the work and pain are worth it. We are supposed to be our real selves. Not some watered down, conventional version of ourselves. The world needs us to be fully who we’re meant to be. And we deserve it! You're worth it!

-- Holger Kalweit