Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Very Depressed

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Yes, Central America.Costa Rica.

I am feeling better today.Trying to avoid daily stressors and extreme thoughts.

Thank you all.

Gracias a todos.
    do you live there or you want to go there?

I have been to many places including Mexico, El Salvador, Peru, China, and Italy. Last year I was planning a backpacking trip to central america but was unable to because of withdrawal. Now that I am slowly improving, I may consider it again. I love to travel and be in new territory.
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

After an incredible hellish month, today I had one "good" day.

I went out of the city and my usual and very limited enviroment, and I felt better.

Depression is giving me a respite, it´s like coming out from the grave; this syndrome is really evil.Even though I feel better, I am traumatized by the extreme emotions in the last weeks.

The only thing worse than this is the major depression I suffered 5 years ago.

I am hanging on.

Thank you all.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

That's very good news you've been able to go outside, Alex. And the very good news about this most recent improvement.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Great news to hear you say you're better. It would be good to continue to be good.
    yes, extreme emotions are not forgotten.

a big hug
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

I totally recognize all the things you mention, Alex! It is a classic path through w/d. You are healing.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

You may want to have a look at the graph in post 100 in this thread, Alex. It will help you;

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...d-Healy/page10
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.