Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fasciculations: could this be withdrawal related or something major?

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    Positive update :-) Question: Did you get tested for any food allergies?
    from what i understand, testing can be unreliable and the gold standard for figuring out what foods are causing problems is an elimination test. It is fairly simple to do because they usually take out the main foods that cause problems first: corn, soy, dairy,wheat etc. Then slowly add them back on. In my case, I added them too fast so I am not sure if the oats, dairy, or potatoes caused the return of my GI problems but am pretty sure it was the oats (grains) and dairy.
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    [/U]Hello Bruno:
    Possibly this is WD symptom. Anyway you may need to see a doctor to rule out other health problems.

The symtoms WD benzo is very similar to wd paxil / seroxat

Check out

I'll paste here what the manual says Dr. Ashton
    I guess you know the manual, however when we are in need to be reminded wd things over and over again.

"Repeat encouragements again and again, week after week, as their words are soon forgotten". (dr. Asthon)

"...Bodily sensations. All sorts of strange tinglings, pins and needles, patches of numbness, feelings of electric shocks, sensations of hot and cold, itching, and deep burning pain are not uncommon during benzodiazepine withdrawal. It is difficult to give an exact explanation for these sensations but, like motor nerves, the sensory nerves, along with their connections in the spinal cord and brain, become hyperexcitable during withdrawal. It is possible that sensory receptors in skin and muscle, and in the tissue sheaths around bones, may fire off impulses chaotically in response to stimuli that do not normally affect them."

"...Sensory and motor disturbances
    ...A number of unpleasant bodily sensations may persist after withdrawal including tingling, "pins and needles" or patches of numbness in the trunk, face, limbs and fingers. These may be accompanied by burning pain or aches that sometimes seem to originate deep in the muscles or bones. Some people complain of an "inner trembling" or a sense of vibration, and some have described bizarre sensations as of water or slime running over the body or a serpent-like writhing on the scalp. Motor symptoms that may persist include muscle tension, weakness, cramps, jerks, spasms and shaking attacks.

In my clinic, nerve conduction studies in patients with such symptoms revealed nothing abnormal - for example, there was no evidence of peripheral neuritis. However, the symptoms were sometimes enough to puzzle neurologists. Three patients with a combination of numbness, muscle spasms and double vision were diagnosed as having multiple sclerosis. This diagnosis, and all the symptoms, disappeared soon after the patients stopped their benzodiazepines."

Manual Dra. Asthon:

Hugs
    thanks for your input. I was thinking about visiting with a doctor, however, I dont want to deal with them. It may be wise, though.

for me
    visiting, checking, scanning, trying to not tell them what we think about them, trying to not tell them we look on forums and internet (they are against we learn something, they prefer to be the god scientist and we the poor guy without knowledge about they are doing on us), and not taking their allopatics(benefit/risks) meds;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Parox -- that was a helpful segment from the Ashton manual. Thanks for posting that for Bruno!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Bruno -- Wow, it sure was clear that your diet changes really helped you!

I definitely think w/d causes food allergies / sensitivities in many people. And I think it's possible that it magnifies livable pre-existing sensitivities in some.

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear you're seeing so much improvement, but, yes, you are still healing, and any weird symptoms are still due to w/d.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Parox -- that was a helpful segment from the Ashton manual.
    I read the Ashton Manual ... at least 200 times. In sharp benzo wd I read every day for 3 or 4 months (hummmm: 30 days x 4 months = 120 days, ie 120 readings of the manual). lol. I needed to read the manual every day to remind me that everything that happened was wd.
    In WD memory is fragile and symptoms so bad that someone needs to remind us every day that what happens is WD and heal.

In acute benzo WD could not do addition, subtraction and multiplications,
    Now I feel much better, though still persists brain fog (though not as bad)

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Ha ha! That is very cute / precioso, Parox. I did something similar in early w/d -- read on the antidepressant w/d forum for hours every day, saying "OMG. This is real." "OMG, that explains what is happening to me."

God bless Heather Ashton!

-- Holger Kalweit

The Ashton Manual saved my life. I started to learn about psychoactive drugs through benzos (I took those, too). It must have saved lives of millions now.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Update on the fasciculations: Another person on PP is experiencing these and he believes it has something to do with having taken antibiotics. He stated that shortly after taking bactrim, he developed fasciculations. Ironically, my fasciculations developed around the same time I also took bactrim. This other person also found people who claimed to have developed fasciculations after other antibiotics like Cipro, which I also took. So, it appears that the fasciculations may not be related to withdrawal syndrome and actually developed from antibiotic use. Moreover, it could be possible that since my nervous system is sensitive due to withdrawal, that somehow contributed to the me developing this twitching syndrome from the antibiotics.

I would say its most probably the latter Bruno, that your sensitised CNS didnt like the antibiotics and caused a reaction, how are is the twitching now?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this