Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My story (long sorry)

On the back of my salmon fillets it estimates a whole 2.6g (2600mg) omega-3 per grilled fillet!! Perhaps I should just stick to salmon twice a week!
    I wonder if its because the oil is so concentrated and goes faster into your system as a capsule but with food its digested slower releasing it more gradually? Just a theory, might be rubbish but you never know. Or maybe its something in the capsule casing itself...I don't know but it seem really weird that I should have such an aggressive reaction to one capsule when I can eat a salmon fillet and be fine. <<<confused! <<<how I'm feeling today!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

perhaps I should just try 'popping' the capsules and take just the liquid in it to see of that works...yuck, but seems such a waste of capsules otherwise. Mind you in a couple of months I may be ok to use them and they have a good use by date on them.
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)

I double checked this and you’re absolutely right –

http://www.brainhealtheducation.org/...lmon/#more-961

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5008677_ho...ga-salmon.html

So, why *are* you getting anxiety and disturbed sleep from starting an Omega-3 capsule???

Yeah, it might be worth trying to eat the oil from the capsules and leave the casing (or buy liquid fish oil).

Hmmmm. OK, how about this? Do you take the fish oil capsules with food? I think that makes a big difference for some people. Somebody I read recently said you need to take the capsules with a fatty meal. Now, I don’t think that’s necessary for everyone, but maybe for you now?

<< hermi slaying her fillet...or her capsules....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yeah I was right...I tried just taking the liquid out of the capsule, I also had a natural vitamin E, I again just took the liquid out of the capsule, both with a snack just to line my stomach. I didn't have as many problems. I didn't sleep very well but I get nights like that anyway so may be coincidence. If not I will just have to see if my body gets used to it. I have taken it in the morning today whereas yesterday it was evening. Lets see if that makes a difference.
    I didn't have any anxiety but I did have very mild tremors about an hour after taking it but it didn't stop me from getting to sleep for a while. They had stopped when I woke up again. The only difference is I felt very hot this morning. This wasn't the same as having the sweats with the withdrawal, it was more like having an internal radiator in my abdomen radiating warmth into my chest, hard to explain.

The other ingredients in the fish oil capsule are:
    Geletin (is this the casing??) do I have a problem with geletin? I can eat Jelly with no problem!
    vegetable glycerin
    mixed natural tocopherols (doesn't say how much which is why I take a vitamin E as well just 400iu)

The natural vitamin E also has

gelatin
    soybean oil .... ooops I don't do Soya as its so processed to get it to be edible for humans but for the purpose of having already bought them I will forget this for now when they are gone I will look for another make without it if there is one.
    vegetable glycerin

any thoughts? Or maybe its the combination of the extras that I react with?

The other thing is the sleep. Like I said last night may have been a coincidence but my sleeping isn't great. It wasn't great when I was taking the 'meds' but I did sleep. The sleep was full of vivid dreams, tossing and turning, and talking in my sleep. This has stopped since being off everything.
    The sleep I do get now is variable. I have a couple of nights of it being ok but I wake early in the morning and once I'm awake I can't get back off to sleep again.
    The nights in between is very broken. The sleep on these nights is quite good quality sleep with not much dreaming that I can remember.
    I know when I do have a vivid dream I'm in for a few bad days of anxiety etc. but this seems to be getting less gradually. I do take herbal nytol when I have had a couple of nights of broken sleep and these help. I don't seem to get many bad effects from them apart from a very slight increase in tremors in the mornings, but this is nothing really in exchange for a good sleep.
    I don't want my body to get used to relying on things to make it sleep which is why I only take them after a couple of nights of bad sleeping.

Any other suggestions? I suppose this is just something that will have to resolve on its own as time goes on....hopefully...see I'm very hopeful again today!

excessive use of the word sleep in the last post...you can tell whats on my mind at the moment!

As for sleep, this advice may be helpful, Hermi;

http://www.naturalnews.com/039819_sl...waking_up.html

Four ways to vastly improve your sleeping quality and dream life

(NaturalNews) Too much stress and too little sleep is the fool-proof recipe for declining long-term health -- including a weakened immune system, impaired cognitive/memory function, heart disease, mood disorders, premature aging and accelerated tumor growth, among others. And it's a true, albeit unfortunate, story for too many these days. Most people require between eight and 10 hours of sleep each night, but they are far from getting it. Even those who do achieve close to that amount of sleep still may not feel fully rested and alert. For a good night's rest that leads to optimum functioning and alertness, the following best practices can help.

Create a sleep sanctuary

Today's widespread use of electric lights so disrupt the body's natural circadian life rhythms that, when it's time for sleeping, you should do so in complete darkness. Even a small amount of light can penetrate the optic nerve and thereby trigger the pineal gland which regulates the production of melatonin, a hormone involved in the body's waking and sleeping patterns. For this reason, wearing a sleeping mask or installing black-out drapes over windows may prove essential to achieving the best quality rest possible. No light should enter the room. Night-lights should be avoided when possible, and clocks or clock-radios should be covered to prevent glow. Consider the room's temperature too. Scientists favor cooler temperatures, observing that they appear more harmonious with a person's natural temperature drop, which brings the body to its lowest temperature just a few hours after falling asleep. Somewhere between 60 and 68 degrees is ideal, but temperatures higher than 70 degrees are not recommended. Wearing socks to bed can also help increase the cozy factor, while encouraging uninterrupted rest. Remember, too, that your bedroom is a sanctuary, and mixing television, work or other non-sleep-related activities can make the environment less conducive to sleeping.

Manage food and fluid intake

Watching what you eat and drink before bedtime can make the difference in a restful night's sleep. Balance your fluid intake before bedtime in a way that allows you to be hydrated without having to wake up during the night to visit the restroom. Depending on your particular tolerance, alcohol, caffeine and other drugs (prescription and over-the-counter alike) may cause sleep disturbances and should be limited, or even avoided altogether. Caffeine is not metabolized efficiently and its effects can linger in the body; whereas alcohol's drowsy effects wear off quickly, causing you to wake and have difficulty falling asleep again. It may also prevent you from entering the deeper stages of sleep, where most healing occurs. Eat only a light meal for dinner, avoiding foods to which you might be sensitive, like sugar, grains and pasteurized dairy, as they can lead to gastrointestinal issues such as bloating, gas, and congestion. Late night snacks are not recommended, due to their tendency to elevate blood sugar, delay sleep and encourage a hypoglycemic effect during the night.

Stick to a routine

Set a bedtime routine, and start early. This may include a relaxing activity, like taking a hot bath, sitting in a sauna, getting a massage or reading a light book (nothing too stimulating). Whatever your pleasure, be sure you're in bed early to best support your body and even maximize its natural detoxification processes. Staying up late can cause toxins to back up into the liver, whereas the hours before midnight are most beneficial for healing. Being in bed by 9 p.m. each night is recommended.

Wake up naturally

If you must use an alarm clock to wake, avoid those with harsh or loud alarms. The body does best when it is woken from slumber easily and naturally -- meaning when it is rested -- rather than startled out of deep dreaming by the sudden stress of an obnoxious alarm. When your sleep is truly restful, using an alarm to wake up may no longer be necessary. Establishing a consistent bedtime and waking time (meaning weekends too) can assist your body in achieving a healthy rhythm, making it easier to fall asleep at night and wake up naturally each morning.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

OK, that’s interesting that you tolerated the fish oil without the casing and with some food and in the morning. We’re very sensitive in w/d to any changes so sometimes you have to experiment to figure out precisely what works for you.

You might have a teeny bit of reaction to *any* change, but it should even out soon. Also, as bruno just brought up on another thread, any change could also cause a teeny bit of detox, which should also even out soon.

It’s good that your sleep is slowly improving. Your shift work is a challenge. As Luc’s post says, “sleep hygiene,” including ultra-consistent sleep schedule helps us. But, you’re managing.

You might try limiting exposure to blue light – from the computer or TV – an hour or two before bed, and see if that helps.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yeah I struggle with consistent sleep. I try and go to bed between 22:00 and 22:30 but when my hubby isn't working he likes to sit up so even if I manage to get to sleep he wakes me when he comes to bed. I wake up feeling quite refreshed even only after an hour or so and then I struggle getting back to sleep again. If he is working he gets in from work about midnight so the same thing again. I wake at about 06:00 naturally because of the light in the room but I'm hoping to get that sorted soon as I hate waking before I need to get up everyday.
    On the nights my hubby works away I manage to get the best uninterrupted sleep but thats only one or two nights a week, sometimes its not at all depending on when and where he is working.
    Real life hey? I feel so tired if I don't get at least 8 hours sometimes I need more but I'm lucky if I get 6-7 broken hours most nights

<<<me and hubby 'disagreeing' over the bedtime routine!

Quote Originally Posted by hermi View Post
    I don't seem to get many bad effects from them apart from a very slight increase in tremors in the mornings, but this is nothing really in exchange for a good sleep.
    It is likely that tremors are due to WD.
    I have had "internal tremors" for a long time. Currently, I have still occasionally tremors
    I used to have tremors at night, to initiate sleep, or waking up in the middle of the night with "internal tremor". It is the feeling that the body is vibrating. From the outside are not visible .

Health
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress