Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My story (long sorry)

Haha! You sort of get used to it. This week is one of those weeks - friday, saturday, sunday 8am-8pm, unless like today I don't finish til 9pm due to it being so busy!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

That’s so crummy that you can’t catch a nap during the day. I’m thinking that Vitamin C pepped me up a bit. You might find that it gives you some energy, but you want to be careful that it’s not too activating. You could try going up by 500 mg and wait a week or two, and see how that works, then add another 500, etc. The Vit. C would also help with you getting so easily run down. Beef up your immune system.

Last thought about napping at work – If you can hide out for even 15 minutes, simply falling asleep, literally for a second, seems to really re-set a lot of people. And they feel refreshed.

<< hermi working hard all over the building
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Haha! Loving the penguin!
    Yes I could try vitamin C and see how it goes.
    As predicted because I wanted to finish on time today. I had an urgent call at 19:00 hours which took me until 19:40, I then had to finish my normal jobs and I didn't finish til 21:15.
    Tremors have been less the last few days but I have learn't that good days are followed y bad days. The good days seem to be getting slightly more frequent recently, so fingers crossed

I will see if I can get away for 15 minutes or so during the day - not holding out much hope of that but I can try.
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)

vitamin C seem to help much, i try to drink each day a little orange juice
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Sounds good, hermi! You're a real trooper!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I tried the fish oil again...OMG, not doing that again for a while. I thought the increase in anxiety last time I tried it might have been a coincidence but it seems not. I was awake all night the night before last with anxiety and REALLY bad tremors. I had taken it in the morning and by about 8pm it started.
    Overall I seem to be starting to get a few more good days. It feels like its going to go on forever :(

Darn! Well, one idea is that you could wait a couple of months, and then you could find a pill that only has about 200 mg Omega-3 instead of 700 mg. I did that one of the times I raised my Omega a few years ago. In the meantime, do you eat salmon, anchovies, sardines?

Glad to hear you’re getting some good days. Sending good energy!

-- Holger Kalweit

Yeah I'm still feeling the after effects of that one. It will settle down again within the next couple of days - it did last time. I will wait a couple of months. I think its worth trying again later on as the good days get more frequent <<<<< me being positive!
    I have been drinking more fruit juice to increase my vitamin c intake rather than taking a pill. Yes I do eat oily fish but not as often as I should.
    Funny though I don't seem to get the ill effects from eating the fish as I do from taking an omega-3 pill, even if I do manage to eat fish a few times within a week.
    I also used to take fish oil before the 'drugs' and it was fine so hopefully I can get back to that eventually.
    Seems like a loooong journey, not as long as some I know but when you are living it that doesn't matter.

not that I mean other peoples suffering doesn't matter I just mean my journey is more real to me than some one elses, if you see what I mean :)

Well, it might be a question of dose. You could Google the fish you’re eating and the amount of it and figure out approximately how much Omega-3 you’re getting in that meal. It might be less than 700 mg, and that might be part of why it’s better tolerated.

A lot of times in w/d, you have to build up slowly on a supplement. You can’t start it at a high dose, but if you taper up, then you can tolerate a high dose.

Yes, it’s a long journey, but you’re doing great, and it’s so good that you’re positive!

<< hermi's dinner....

-- Holger Kalweit