Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey of Hell and Healing - Joy

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I get the itchies also, in fact they have been bad the last week again. I cannot put it down to anything except w/d.

Your title caught my attention. I did a 10% taper every 6 weeks but my blood pressure went up to 160+ after 4 months and then hospital with chest pains.

How is your blood pressure now?
    Hi GrandmaD,

Thank you for your message. Since yesterday I have been in constant motion bothered by the itching. You are probably right it is w/d...and maybe the sunlight/heat that is triggering it more greatly because of the w/d. I seem to be hypersensitive to everything lately.

You found your blood pressure went up with the w/d? You did a slow taper too. Were your chest pains that sent you to the hospital connected to your high blood pressure? Did you go on BP meds to control it? How do you feel now?

I suspect that my BP went up while on Effexor (the last pill to taper) ..but may have started going up last Fall following the taper of Serequel. I can't say for sure. It was higher then but went up much more over the winter and is one of the reasons I began to get off of Effexor, hoping it would fix the problem. At the highest my BP went up to 180/110. It remained this way for awhile, and I was getting sick from it. I went on BP pills, however I am not tolerating them very well. So have cut the dosage in half of what the prescription is. I do better on that but it is only coming down very slowly. Now at 145/90. The doctor wants to give me either another med to add to this one or a waterpill. Neither do I want so I am increasing my Omega 3's in hope that it will help prior to my next appointment in a month's time. If I could feel a little better I would try to do some light exercise or walking..as I expect that would help.
    What have you found helpful?

Hi, and thank you Luc. I hadn't thought about my pulse going up..or BP, with being outside in the sun. That wouldn't cause the itching/prickly sensation? But would cause me to feel irritable and feeling unable to cope/crisis like. Is that correct thinking?

Thank you and good morning to you too Biscotaki. I look at your name and try to figure out if it sounds Japanese or Indian...? Probably wrong on both guesses. Your speech is so respectful and appreciative. Those are very good qualities. Today, I woke up feeling a little more peaceful..and have kept low key so as not to spoil it. I hope you also are feeling a bit better today. Thank you for caring. xox

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I hadn't thought about my pulse going up..or BP, with being outside in the sun. That wouldn't cause the itching/prickly sensation? But would cause me to feel irritable and feeling unable to cope/crisis like. Is that correct thinking?
    In WD, even a tiny change in your daily routine (diet*, physical exertion, more stress, and so on) may throw your body off balance and aggreviate the symptoms. If only possible, try introducing new activities/changes more slowly - this should help mitigate the symptoms. It takes some time to figure out what may have caused the most recent worsening in individual cases, but the more time passes, the more one is able to at least take some precautions.

*many people experience worsening after eating too much carbs, drinking coffee (caffeine excites your nervous system a lot)

The good news is all those ultra-sensitivities will be abating with time, Joy.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

WD produces stress and anxiety:

Your body produces a surge of hormones when you're in a stressful situation. These hormones temporarily increase your blood pressure by causing your heart to beat faster and your blood vessels to narrow.

Home remedies for high BP

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/hom...-pressure.html

(My husband takes garlic)

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Thank you Luc, yes, I guess time will teach me some ways to anticipate it. At the moment I can do very little. I am housebound for the most part with all the symptoms. I know that this will pass but I suppose I can't help have the thoughts that maybe there is some underlying reason why I feel so bad, and if I can't take meds, then what? And as I write this I know it is faulty thinking. I am going to try an antihistimine and see if it helps. It says cold and sinus but it is a benadryl so should work maybe. :(

Thank you Paradox for the message. I appreciate the great link, thank you! I bookmarked it for further reference. I do seem to be very reactive and stress and anxiety show their faces at my door very often lately too. I know time needs to pass so my body can calm down. Things happen that I don't expect.. eg. Out of nowhere, I developed pain and cramping in the joint and below the joint of my little toe, but on the foot area...and then on the other foot...one minute not there and then the next you can't ignore it. Ahhh, I am going to go take an antihistimine and see how that works to relieve some symptoms. I am frustrated with my inability to do anything.

I’m glad you’re going up on your Omega, but I’m a bit concerned about the multi. It has too many ingredients in it – that’s too much change, and one of them might be activating. The B’s are often activating for people in w/d. You might try stopping it for a few days and see if you feel better.

And, do try to spend time with the gelding – what’s his name? And then, just do a tick search afterwards. :)

I’m doing better, thanks. The Omega-3 is having an impact. Stay tuned….
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ok Sheila, thank you, I will go off of the multi vitamin. I am glad the Omega 3's are working for you. I have put mine up too. Keep me updated on that if you will. I tried a Benadryl and it did help the itching, but made me too tired. Oh, life is just too hard right now. I am starting fights and being snappy with my partner and it is hard on him I know. He is supportive but I think I stretch his patience some times.
    The gelding...I have to change his name..I haven't found one that is right for him yet since getting him in Dec. He came with the name Voodoo. I find that name offensive.
    Help me come up with a name if you want. I could use some help with that!! Other than sitting bareback on him, I haven't ridden him and am afraid too. He has a little attitude..that although it angers me, I suppose there is part of me that likes it. lol, I wanted him as a riding horse and I have no experience and am 50, so probably don't bounce too well. Sometimes I feel very close to him and other times I can see the temper in him and he will be aloof. The other horse is a tb and is a sweet personality and rather goofy. But she moves quickly, unlike the gelding that is a slower, draftier type horse. I find him more peaceful to be with.

Attachment 87

Black Magic?
    Snowball?
    Jeffrey / Geoffrey?
    Attitude?
    Omega-3?
    Temper Temper?

Ha ha! I like this game!

Keep spending time with him. It's good for you. And for your bonding. No rush on riding.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit