Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey of Hell and Healing - Joy

Today is another hard one. Speech is rough, and I feel totally spent with no reserve. I am itchy too. I wonder if that is needing more water...kidneys???

It's always better to drink a bit more than a bit less, Joe. Just to make sure you are not dehydrated.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ha ha! I’m not a snow-lover, but, yes, let’s still swap! I’d rather be cold than hot!

Itchy could be mild, temporary neuropathy. Or it could be detox. Or it could be central heating. Either way, water is a grand thing.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Things have been difficult this last week. I have had speech problems come and go, irritablitiy, aggitation, and very reactive. What I thought was itchy, I think now is more that I am overly sensitive to clothing tags, or anything touching me and I am scratching at myself because of it. I am tired and unmotivated. And I am afraid that I am starting to feel depression creep in.

Another odd symptom, I was outside in the sun for about 10 min, the snow is melting and it is warmer here now. I had to come in as I became intensely itchy and prickly from the sun. The worse it became the more irritable I became. Within a few min of it I started feeling like I couldn't cope and needed to get in. As if it was a crisis.

That is not uncommon for people to have a reaction to sunlight during part of recovery.

Are you leaning on your horse? Seriously!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila,
    Good to know it is common. I have felt bad enough the last couple of days I have spent little or no time outside. Tonight as the sun is fading I went out and spent some time with the horses. They were friendly tonight and wanting attention. The gelding and I just stood together and I would touch him around the neck and the face and he would nudge me looking for some sweet grain. No leaning happening but a few hugs and constant togetherness. He was peaceful and calm tonight. When I left I was getting all itchy and prickly from being hot on my back. I have discovered something about Manitoba in the Spring...TICKS!!!
    I had never seen one before...they are everywhere! My partner had several on him. I had 2 on my clothes...disgusting!
    Well, I am in now. I feel awful still..for a week now. I have no patience or tolerance. I cry easily because i am walking around with no resilience...and everything seems to take more from me than I have. I am putting my omega's up tomorrow another pill..so it will be then be at 6,500mg. I also started a a vitamin pill 2 days ago..it is just a multi by Flora. I haven't looked up anything about therapy work with horses. It is all i can do right now even the basics aren't getting done. I am back to having to lay in bed. I get up and try to do a few things and then need to lay down as I am so agitated. I think this is what causes the depression.

I hope you are doing well Sheila!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    . I am itchy too. I wonder if that is needing more water...kidneys???
    I get the itchies also, in fact they have been bad the last week again. I cannot put it down to anything except w/d.

Your title caught my attention. I did a 10% taper every 6 weeks but my blood pressure went up to 160+ after 4 months and then hospital with chest pains.

How is your blood pressure now?
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Another odd symptom, I was outside in the sun for about 10 min, the snow is melting and it is warmer here now. I had to come in as I became intensely itchy and prickly from the sun. The worse it became the more irritable I became. Within a few min of it I started feeling like I couldn't cope and needed to get in. As if it was a crisis.
    It's absolutely normal, Joy. Any change in anything may (temporarily) worsen the symptoms. Here the exposure to sun/higher temperature makes pulse go up, BP probably too. Also the body starts producing Vitamin D (good in itself, but, as I mentioned, any change in the daily routine may potentially trigger the symptoms). You have nothing to worry about. It'll get better again.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Good morning Joy,
    I was thinking of you, and your kindness extended to me ..:) Thank you for the Ativan info ..How scarry all those are, but we end up on these drugs anyway ..:(
    I hope you are having a peaceful day ..
    Sending you love and hugs ..Biscotaki