Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey of Hell and Healing - Joy

Hi Stan and thank you for your message! It sounds like it has been a rough road for you. It scares me to think that maybe things could get worse?
    I had problems with balance too. There is a noticeable improvement in that area. Also a noticeable improvement in pain and aching since stopping meds.
    Now the blood pressure I am hoping will clear up eventually.
    Congratulations for being 4 years free of meds.!
    Joy

Well, that’s interesting that your speech is better and you feel more alert after taking less Trazadone!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I stopped taking the Trazadone to help me sleep and for the next 4 days I felt things getting better. It may be a coincidence I can't tell. I was feeling much better with some mild zaps and electrical currents when I was tired. My speech cleared up and only I could really notice it although it took more energy to talk and I found it tiring. My sleep has not been as good as I am getting very hot and uncomfortable at night. It all changed when I had to go to town for a doctor's appointment. Just having to do something more draining set things off again. Since the day after my appointment I have been toe to toe with 'the wall'. Meaning I have so resilience or tolerance for pretty much anything. Too much noise, movement around me, or any distraction feels like an attack. I am hypersensative. Simply asking me a question when I am like this can bring me to tears and confusion. I don't know what to do other than I am trying to soothe my frayed nerves. Yesterday I took Magnesium oil 3x and that helped me to be able to lay down and relax..to push all the thoughts out of my head and get some peace for awhile. Today I am going to try to manage it better rather than waiting to get to the melt down point. I plan to work my day around myself which feels pretty selfish and I am resting, closing my door to keep pets out and eating very healthy. It requires a lot of understanding by loved ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Just having to do something more draining set things off again.
    That is very true, Joy. In the state of dysautonomia, it's very very common. The good news is that your tolerance will be improving.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Joy, i've just been reading your journal. What some of us have gone through is just terrible. I'm so sorry to read of your suffering.
    When I first stopped the antidepressant my blood pressure(which had always been normal) went up really high. This lasted only a couple of months then it went back down again. I definitely think my too fast taper and subsequent withdrawal caused this for me.
    I've had the issues being overly hot at night - waking up drenched in sweat and shaking uncontrollably.
    I've definiteky been there with the too much stimulation issue - i remember once I was in a busy supermarket and the noise and the people and the lights were too much - i ran out and vomitted - my nervous system couldn't cope.
    I'm treally glad to hear you've found a bit of relief using the magnesium oil, I'm going to try and hunt for some too following your suggestion.Thank you!
    I think some days it's good to just say 'today is a me day'. I must admit I sometimes go and lie down in the afternoon when I can and shut the bedroom door my husband is really considerate and lets me rest.
    I hope you have a better day tomorrow, Rachel xx

Hi, and thank you Luc. I sure hope it settles down. I am not familiar with the lingo. Is there a place on this site that gives definitions?

Rachel, thank you for your message. I hope you find the magnesium oil helpful. I don't have a dosage..I just pour some onto a spoonful of honey as the oil is very bitter. It takes about 20 or 30 min then I notice I become more peaceful. I have been taking it for other health benefits but noticed it gave a calming effect.
    I have also experienced the shaking..less often than the sweating but occasionally I will get chilled and shake at night too.
    You mentioned you had issues with over stimulation as well, sorry to hear that but reassuring to hear I'm not alone.
    I am just taking it very slow today and not taxing myself at all. It is amazing how little resilience I have now. Although prior to going off the Effexor I was also starting to have melt downs when pushed too far. That was new to me but the writing was on the wall and my BP was up and I wasn't feeling well on the meds. Coming off the meds only made it worse.
    I am glad you have a considerate and supportive husband. I think this is rough on those around us.
    All the best,
    Joy

We don't have one such specific place, Joe. In such cases the best option is to simply use the search option on the forum (the "advanced option" in it helps a lot).

Well, that's really something about the Trazadone.

And, your overstimulation and overwhelm are really classic for this syndrome. You're doing an excellent job of trying to problem-solve about it.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Things have been rough lately. Not sleeping at night, worrying about problems...things that in truth can wait until the next day but I can't get my mind to drop it until the problem is solved and yet my mind is cloudy enough that thinking clearly is a challenge so I have to do, and redo things...and then redo them again...as even after checking things over I screw it up. If I only had a brain! I have been feeling a lot of stress and although it doesn't feel like depression..as in sad.. I am feeling overwhelmed,dissatisfied with pretty much everything, stressed, frustrated and damaged. My partner is going through a tough time right now and I struggle to support him..but I am edgy and biting at him too. Not feeling well has me stumbling over words bad today, especially when I try to read out loud. During these times I am noticing that my sinuses become congested. Weird but I am seeing a pattern. I cut my blood pressure pills in half today as i am feeling very tired all the time and not sleeping well. More since they were increased a week ago. So that is my whine for tonight. It is just after 5am now. I slept between midnight and 2am and since have been awake trying to fix some bills and paperwork I screwed up earlier today. Time to go back to bed. Goodnight.

So sorry to hear about all those symptoms, and they are typical WD symptoms to a T, Joy. The ruminations, this difficult to describe depression, even sinuses, all of it.

As for blood pressure pills, they may also have addictive properties, so, if you took them for a long time, it'd be better to taper them slowly, too.

You are doing incredible job. Just stay the course. Even if slowly, it will be improving!