Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey of Hell and Healing - Joy

My fishy pills only have 10 calories each. What do yours have?

Why are you taking 800 vit E instead of 400?

I think it’s great that you are letting yourself stop working so hard to make things work with your family.

I think it is crazy that I seems to place value on my worth as a person based on family's acceptance or rejection.
    Such a good sentence. So many of us do this.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Luc, ..so do you think I should cut back on the ACV? I had 2 tbs and then went to 2 1/2. I just made a smaller amount tonight for a drink..I find I am very thirsty today and craving it. Thank you for the links..I am seeing different amounts mentioned. So I am not sure, but it sounds like the best way is to make up some to drink through the day. Also it mentions doing it more than once a day..? I thought I would just do it once...although today was 2x just because I make up such a yummy drink with it.
    Interesting information about decalcifing the pineal gland. I will keep my eye out for more information on that. What is DP/DR? :O)

Hey Sheila,
    Hope your having a good day or night or whatever it is in California right now. It is 11:40pm here in Manitoba.

10 cal for the fish oil is less than I thought it would be. I was comparing it to the olive oil which is higher. The packaging doesn't say the calories on mine.
    Why 800iu of VitE ? because I took 2x 400's..lol, but why that instead of one...don't really know..just started taking that much and didn't question it. Now maybe I will cut back to 1 pill. :O-l
    Also I take magnesium..I forgot to mention that. I take that now at bedtime and/or if I find myself anxious.

Today feels calmer..not exactly a window but I don't feel bad. I have been low keyed because of the weather which is cold and cloudy so have enjoyed staying in and puttering.

No worry, Joy, there are no hard and fast rules - you can drink a bit more at one go, or divide it into smaller portions through the day - no problem. Usually, somewhere around 2 tbs daily is said to be it. Some small deviation this or that way is absolutely fine.

DP = depersonalisation
    DR= derealisation
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I think 400 IU Vit E may be sufficient.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

30 May 13 – Joy journal

Joy – I’ve decided I really want to track and study how people respond to updosing on Omega-3.

-- Can you just briefly review your history of your use of it, and I’m going to copy and save it.

-- Are you still going up?

-- We’re clear now that what you’re reporting is the EPA + DHA, right?

Thanks!

Love, Mad Scientist

-- Holger Kalweit

Dear Mad Scientist...ha,ha.
    Yes, Sheila, I am sure of the dosage and I will write it up later tonight. I documented the dates.
    Yes, I plan to still go up. Today I am actually putting it up one pill (500mg)..to a total of 9 pills. I have been at 8 for a couple of weeks.
    I will get back to you later tonight.
    xox

Hi Sheila,

It looks like I started my Omega 3's at 3x a day...of 500mg (1,000mg of fish oil, 500mg of EPA, DHA), about the same time I began I began my tapering during the last week of February. I tapered over what I thought was a month...but checking some journal notes it more like it was about 21 days. My first day off all Effexor was March 16th.
    Looking back at my journal and my thinking process prior to me starting the taper and I had written "Effexor and SSRI's in general, I think have ruined my best years". This is after I wrote a whole lot about the horrible way I was feeling.

I began using Trazadone to help me sleep for a few weeks to a month..and then stopped that by April 6th as well.

April 9th...still at 3 Omega 3's a day.

May- not sure when, upped the dosage to 6 Omega 3's.

May 19th - increased to 8 pills/day

May 28th - Stopped Blood Pressure Pills after a short taper...if you could call it a taper..it was rather quick. (somehow time frames seem longer when your in distress)

May 29th, increased to 9 Omega 3'day.

I plan to hold at 9/day for the next 2 weeks and then increase again. It feels like a whole lot of pills! I can't say I have noticed any negative side effects from taking them or after an increase.

I hope these dates are accurate. I took them from my journal however there were small mistakes in it. e.g. I wrote that I went up to 9 pills on May 19th..and either I did and forgot I had put it up...or, more likely, I meant 8 pills.

I hope this helps...and I can't wait to read information that you compile. I do believe in Omega 3's as very beneficial and wouldn't consider stopping them.

* also, I haven't been 100% consistent..On a few days I have found I hadn't taken the full amount I put out for myself...and then would pick up and continue the next day with the correct amount.

Joy

I would like to post about Magnesium Chloride.
    I can say with 100% confidence now that it is has been very helpful. Through trial and error, error meaning when I have missed taking it at night, I find that it has a calming influence better than when I took Lorazapam. I have occassionally taken it during the day when very distressed however, mostly I take it at night 30 min before bed. It definitely allows me to fall asleep much quicker and sleep deeper. I do still wake up ever 3 hours to the bathroom, however fall back to sleep instently. Prior to it's use I have had a year of shoddy sleep going sometimes not getting even two hours of broken sleep. I take a small squirt of liquid honey and pour a small, unmeasured, amount of magnesium oil into it. I guess it would be between 1/3 and 1/2 tbs (using the cutlery to measure not a proper measure). Used to calm down and/or sleep I have noted its benefits better than any medical drugs I have taken without any negative side effects and most likely many health benefits. I completely recommend this.
    Joy

OK, great, thanks, I copied your Omega history. I think 1 pill every two weeks is a good pace. Keep paying attention, and let us know if you think you notice any effects.

That’s great about the magnesium!

Go look at what you and I wrote on your Rural life thread – you didn’t ruin your best years. The best is yet to come.

-- Holger Kalweit