Hi. I am a new member and have enjoyed reading the many postings. I am having some symptoms that are scaring me and would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on them. I would like to elaborate another time but my situation at this point is:
I have weaned myself off of Serequel and more recently Effexor. I have been off of Serequel since September and Effexor for about a month now. I have begun taking 25mg of Trazadone to help me sleep. I don't plan to stay on this but I had 5 or 6 mths where I barely slept.

I have been having muscle tremors whenever any muscle is held in tension. eg. moving my head slowly to one side while pressing lightly against my hand, or turning my lower arm downward in a slow motion while holding my hand in a fist. This effects most muscles when they are isolated under tension. This began to get worse so last Spring I started my taper of Serequel as I believed this was the cause as well as many other symptoms of muscle rigidity...The doctor thought this was medication induced Parkinson's Syndrom, and that it should go away once I was off Serequel. It hasn't. I might be a little better since Effexor has been stopped but I'm not sure either.

Another disturbing thing has been my blood pressure has gone very high and MOST DISTURBING has been a recent problem with speech!
It started about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I was confused and having problems understanding things. Then I found when reading aloud I couldn't pronounce words I previously could. I started stuttering when I talked and more recently am having trouble forming sentences when there is something I want to say. Some days are worse and I end up in tears out of frustration. I would think I had a stroke except that these symptoms come and go. Sometimes they last a day or two or sometimes a few hours. Certainly I have noticed when I am tired or not feeling well it is worse. Has anyone experienced anything like this??

Grateful for any feedback,
Thank you,
Joy