Thread: My Journey of Hell and Healing - Joy

Hybrid View

Welcome, Joy!

I’m so sorry you’re having to go through these stressful, scary symptoms. It is highly likely that they are due both to the damaging effects of the meds and to the disarray and slow reorganization caused by getting off the drugs. And the symptoms will slowly heal.

In early w/d I had trouble pronouncing and ordering words, and I don’t now.

One question I have is what is the timing of the speech problem in relation to starting the Trazadone?

Please read the Omega-3 thread, and consider Omega-3 to repair your nervous system and lower your blood pressure.

Joy – I have to say I think you have tapered off the Effexor too fast. I’m concerned. It might be necessary to go back on, say, 10 – 25 % of your original dose. Stabilize. And re-taper much more slowly.

Detox would definitely be too much for your system this early on.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila! Thank you for your message. You raised an interesting question about the timing of the Trazadone..the speech problems came about the same time or close to it. I can't say for sure. But interesting. I only took 1/4 pill last night and do feel more alert today and other than a little stumbling in my speech I have been pretty good. I know Trazadone works on seratonin too which I fear might just prolong healing.
    I know I came off Effexor fairly quickly by things I have read. As I was doing it, if I felt bad I stayed at that dosage for a couple of days until I felt better and then continued on with the reduction. By the end of it I was taking only 5 crystals out at a time and then discontinued. The weaning went fairly easily for me however 2 weeks after I had a couple of nights with bad dreams that were evil in nature but thankfully they stopped. Most of the symptoms I can cope with,,but that is what it is cope. Although I was in enough discomfort on Effexor that I am happy to be on this end of it. And the times I feel good give me the strength to move forward with it. I would never consider going back on meds, although i appreciate knowing that option. Thank you Sheila for the information on Omega 3. I will read that thread. I have been taking Omega 3's, at about 3,000mg a day for the last month along with many some other supplements. I hope this is helping but of course how do you tell without stopping them?, ha,ha.

I am glad to hear that your speech is ok now. I have read many of your posts but i would like to read your journal.
    I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
    Joy

Good morning Joy,
    I was thinking of you, and your kindness extended to me ..:) Thank you for the Ativan info ..How scarry all those are, but we end up on these drugs anyway ..:(
    I hope you are having a peaceful day ..
    Sending you love and hugs ..Biscotaki

Thank you and good morning to you too Biscotaki. I look at your name and try to figure out if it sounds Japanese or Indian...? Probably wrong on both guesses. Your speech is so respectful and appreciative. Those are very good qualities. Today, I woke up feeling a little more peaceful..and have kept low key so as not to spoil it. I hope you also are feeling a bit better today. Thank you for caring. xox