Thread: Macular degeneration: Sucess Story

Macular degeneration: Sucess Story

With this message only intend to be testimony to the people at that may be in my situation. I got really scared when I got diagnose macular degeneration, and tried to find testimonys encouraging and found none.

In February 2013 I started having vision problems. The lines rather than see them straight, I saw the lines wavy. On 26/02/2012 I got an injection in the eye (to stop the bleeding I had in the macula of the right eye.
    Today I went to review the eye and the eye doctor told me that is fine. I still see the lines slightly wavy but bleeding from the macula disappeared, the wound is healed.

I am very happy. Also as I'm used to process wd .... it is so long ..., MD has cured me in a month!, In such a short time....
    Hmmm, some diseases are cured in a month ... lol

Tome specific vitamins for vision, and also take aloe vera (which is a good healing)

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

That is fantastic! Thanks for posting this. It will be very reassuring to anyone who gets w/d-related eye problems. So often we develop scary health problems in w/d, but they heal as we recover from the medications.

Congratulations, Parox!

(Did you mean it started February 2013? Or February 2012? We can correct that.)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, Sheila, you understood well, was in late February 2013.
    Hahaha, Shelia, you're like me, you seem incredible that some diseases are cured in a month, lol.

It is so long and slow ..... wd it is hard to believe that some illnesses, surgeries, etc. are solved quickly.

4 years ago that I started taking antidepressants and benzos and I was only 6 or 7 months well, the rest of the time was WD. One day I will put my story.
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

That's so great, Parox! Thanks a lot for sharing it. One more prove how adding certain ingredients/vitamins/minerals to your diet can be a game changer. Yes, Aloe Vera is really good. What else were you taking?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Yes, I took some supplements and vitamins. I told the eye doctor who took Nutrof Omega, and the eye doctor said: If you want to take it, take it, but no use ... Of course, I do not dare to say that taking aloe, evening primrose and omega ...

The sister of my husband had an ear infection and the ENT said he had "microperforation" in the tympanum of his ear. She took evening primrose, aloe vera and omega. He went to the ENT after a month, and said it is amazing!, Small perforated eardrum is healed!.

Tomé:
    - Aloe vera juice (150 ml per day)
    -Gel capsule containing: Evening primrose oil first pressure (500 mg / day) + 2.5 mg vitamin E
    -Omega-3 ---> gel capsule containing: DHA (500 mg per day) and 100 mg EPA
    -Multivitamin-specific vision for "Nutrof-omega" (trade name in Spain): 1 tablet per day.

NUTROF OMEGA
    : Box of 36 soft gelatin capsules

Nutritional and physiological effect: it has been designed to complement the daily requirement of essential fatty acid DHA (family of omega-3 in the retina), hydroxytyrosol (olive polyphenol), vitamin C, E, and group B , essential trace elements (zinc, manganese, selenium and copper) and substances like lutein and zeaxanthin present in the macular pigment of the retina. Sufficient inputs of these nutrients and substances with nutritional or physiological effect via the diet, supplemented as needed, favoring the functioning of the retina and eye health.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER CAPSULE:
    Per capsule:

3 mg Lutein
    Zea-xanthin 0.3 mg
    Glutathione 1 mg

280 mg Docosahexaenoic
    Vitamin A (Retinol) 800 mcg
    Vitamin E (Tocopherol) 10 mg
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 60 mg
    Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1.4 mg
    Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1.6 mg
    Vitamin B3 (niacin) 18 mg
    Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 2 mg
    Vitamin B9 (folic acid) 200 mcg
    Vitamin B12 (Cianocobalamida) 1 mcg
    Copper 1 mg
    Zinc 7.5 mg
    Manganese 1 mg
    Selenium 25 mcg
    USE IN PATIENTS WITH FOOD INTOLERANCE:
    This product can take a person celiac allergic / intolerant to eggs, or milk intolerant.
    Contains soy source.
    Caution with fish allergy.

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    Yes, I took some supplements and vitamins. I told the eye doctor who took Nutrof Omega, and the eye doctor said: If you want to take it, take it, but no use ...
    Standard operating procedure. They either don't yet realize how powerful certain alternative ways of treatment can be, or they *do* know, but are still in denial or/and would go bankrupt if the patients didn't come for the next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    The sister of my husband had an ear infection and the ENT said he had "microperforation" in the tympanum of his ear. She took evening primrose, aloe vera and omega. He went to the ENT after a month, and said it is amazing!, Small perforated eardrum is healed!
    Thank you for sharing it. There's no doubt it is possible.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ha ha! I could not believe your eye problem was cured so quickly! I have become squashed by w/d....

Omega-3 is supposed to be very good for the eyes.

Great story about your sister-in-law's ear, too!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

very good testimony, nice to read, if all would be so!...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish