Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 8 months Effexor free

what is sure is that she needed 18 months to recover from her cold turkey, it is written in her signature;
    i read only one testimony who recovered after a year, the rest is often 18 months/24 months (and long termer as i , never healed at 18 months, they need much more)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Alex, those are old posts where she told about her experience... but at the end when she "healed"... she went back and updated her signature and it copied to "all" her posts both past and present.

This woman was healed by her testimony 18 months after her adverse reaction/ wd.

Oki; people DO heal.

m&m -- We definitely *heal*. I didn't mean to confuse you about that. What I meant was that this is a neurological ailment with psychological symptoms. So, good coping not only helps you cope, it actually rewires you neurologically and *causes* healing.

You get twice the bang for your buck. Good coping is neuro-rehabilitative.

Everybody -- please remember it is a holiday weekend and that makes our illness much more stressful. It makes it harder to see the improvements and feel hopeful. You will feel better once you are a couple of days past the holiday.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

For what I learned, sleep and mental health are very related.So is sleep and neuroplasticity.

One of the worse symptoms in w/d is insomnia.I have being targeting all my efforts to fight this awfull symptom.

For example, I have found that PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE, helps lowering cortisol levels;I´ve been taking it for 6 weeks now, and I can feel the difference at night; I still have trouble, but not as intense.

I also found out about this natural "adaptogen":RHODIOLA ROSEA.This is what I found concerning insomnia due to high cortisol:

Rhodiola Rosea

Rhodiola Rosea is an herb that may help reduce cortisol levels, according to a study conducted by researchers at the Swedish Herbal Institute of Research and Development in Sweden. They reviewed the literature regarding the effects of Rhodiola rosea, and they concluded that it increases mental performance by reducing cortisol levels in the body. Compounds, including glycosides and flavonoids, may be responsible for the results. The findings were published in the June 2010 issue of “Phytomedic

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...#ixzz2OzP9NcSj

I mean, why not try to help your brain in the best natural way while time do the rest?

Have anyone know or have tried Rhodiola?

That's really great your sleep is improving, Alex. How long are you able to sleep now on average?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

What are the doses you take of the PS?

This website I found said:
    "Phosphatidylserine use can, however, cause side effects including insomnia and stomach upset, particularly at doses over 300 mg."

and

"Various medications used for glaucoma, Alzheimer's disease, and other conditions (Cholinergic drugs) interacts with PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE"

Becareful.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...PHATIDYLSERINE

what i notice is that many have insomnia from these meds and that it is difficult to improve it;
    and it is said that we improve during sleeping(sleep and neuroplasticity, you are right)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Since I´ve been taking PS, I have noticed an improvement in the sense that even if I wake up, I go back to sleep without the awfull "too hot" or anxiety sensation.

My sleep still very disrupted, but I repeat, I go back to sleep much easier than a few months or weeks ago.

I am taking 100mg.Check internet for SERIPHOS, is a PS compound that includes Magnesium and Calcium.

M&M, PS "may" cause insomnia in doses above the 300mgs. that is not my case.

Sleep is where I am aiming a lot of my efforts.

8 months Effexor free.

More about Phosphatidylserine:

http://answers.googl.../id/757599.html

"One of the best known and most effective ways to lower excess
    cortisol levels is with the nutrient Phosphatidylserine (PS).
    Phosphatidylserine is believed to facilitate the repair of the
    cortisol receptors in the hypothalamus. It is believed that the
    cortisol receptors get damaged by high cortisol levels reducing the
    ability of the hypothalamus to sense and correct high cortisone
    levels. Because Phosphatidylserine helps repair the feedback control
    apparatus, it is useful in correcting both high and low cortisol
    levels. Phosphatidylserine is also useful for preventing short-term
    memory loss, age-related dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Typical
    dosages are one to three 100 mg. capsules per day."

I take 100mgs when the sun goes down.