Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 8 months Effexor free

alex -- You're doing a good job of being proactive and exploring more options!

I think Altostrata knows something about the Rhodiola Rosea. I remember various people talking about it, but I don't have an impression of anyone using it. Alto had problems with it.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I don´t know how to post my signature; any help? Oh! I did it....!
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Good job!

You seem to be doing well, mi amigo. Step by step.....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

What are the best supplements and herbs to get through this process. I have dysautonomia, autonomic failure and ms. The thought of getting back on the effexor terrifies me. Quick solution but long term further compounds the problem. Is there any natural protocol to regulate the nervous system while getting through this.

Sincerely,
    Maia marie
    424-645-4280

Hello Maia, I´m quite new on this; I have been 8 months Effexor free.

I don´t know what your main symptoms are; mine are anxiety,depression and insomnia.

There is NO protocol to deal with this. But I´ll tell you what has worked for me, and what some people has found useful.

ANXIETY: Magnesium/ Valerian Root/PassionFlower

CNS Support: Omega 3 (fish Oil) Vitamin C

Other members can give you better advice.

DON´T GO BACK ON EFFEXOR! It may get worse. Hang in there.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Omega-3 is really worth trying out. You may also have a look at magnesium and Vitamin C. As for herbs, it all depends on a given person. Some feel improvement, some feel worse off. So, each individually needs to figure out which ingredients and what doses would work. If anything, one should start with small doses, then move them up.

Going back on drugs will only worsen the situation, Maia. Staying away from them offers you a chance to heal.

Personally, I also take ACV (Apple Cinder Vinegar) and Aloe juice. They have detoxing and anti-inflammatory properties.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.