Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 Year

Hi Rachel, I'm in my early 30's to. Thank you for the well wishes. I found out I had cancer 9 months after an adverse reaction to Citalopram (Celexa) and was (and currently) still dealing with a host of symptoms from GAD, Agoraphobia, Depression,,, you name it. I never suffered any of these things before the medicine. I wouldn't worry to much about cancer... for me it is genetic, it is not for you. On a positive note, I have started raw food diet and juicing for better cellular absorbsion of the basics our bodies need. (I'm a newbie @ this rawfood diet so I am gradually introducing things... and I have NOT completely stopped eating meat and glueten yet). Baby steps.

It's so right on target Luc when you mention the phobias and fears that are created in this state of being from the meds. I have NEVER thought to myself... "well I might not be able to to do that b/c what if I can't handle it and decide to kill myself".... before taking an SSRI. And it is something I am so not proud of that my confidence has been ripped to shreds. I was just laying in bed today and wondering how I could help myself further during this stage.

And there again, Shelia mentions the intensity of things during this time (range of time unknown?) ... when I have my chemo treatments it really amps things up hundred fold with how sick I get. The headaches alone during the "sick" weeks are pure cruel and inhumane punishment in my opinion. I have spoken to a few people in the "cancer world" and nobody complains of headaches like I do (some may but I haven't found that I have spoken to yet). Just saying w/d - a/r really puts an extra hurting on an already bad situation. It is hard to manage during this time and I wonder of healing.

PS. I am sorry to hear of this person that you knew Rachel. It does pain me to hear this (in more than one way). So sad.

m&m -- You are really going through an incredible time. I won't say you're doing an incredible job, because I know you're sick of hearing that ;) ....but you are....

I really don't tolerate suffering well -- my own or anyone else's -- and this is NOT how I would do things. But I *do* believe you are being purged and remodeled for a purpose, and that you will be a very powerful and happy person when you come out of this. And I really look forward to seeing what you end up doing.

That Laura Bruno who had the head injury who you recently read about in the Media section -- well, part of how she healed her head injury was with a raw food diet. On her blogroll, she has some interesting raw food resources. I remember reading one of the people she recommends -- yet another women with some kind of neurological problem who was not getting well, until she switched to a raw food diet. She actually felt / heard POPS in her head, and after each pop, she felt much better. She went on to write books about the raw food diet.

http://laurabruno.wordpress.com/
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, that story you put in the media section was the motivation/ second wind I needed to try again with the raw diet. So I pulled the juicer out again and have really been making up some green juices past couple days (I believe it is an aquired taste... so I just juice and then chug before I loose my nerve lol). Not to mention when I'm REALLY sick after the BIG treatments it helps b/c I can mix veggie and fruit juice together and then blend it with ice for a very much neeed cold and refreshing beverage. If at first you don't suceed, try try again. :-) It is such an inspiring story, I just had to give it another try. There is a lot to learn regarding what type of foods, how much, etc needed to get the full nutrition you need so I am slowly working it in.

Thanks for that extra link. I was checking it out last night and found it very interesting.

Looks like you are into the steamed and raw foods to. You might like this website (juice and raw food recipes).
    http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com...d-recipes.html

And I just thought this was very interesting.... a lady's testimony about her journey on meds and how raw foods cured her.
    http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com...uperfoods.html

M&M you're an inspiration - dealing with Chemo and WD- wow. I can only imagine how your treatments must ramp up the symptoms for some time. Healing from WD must still be taking place for you though as you're moving away from the date of the adverse reaction- have your symptoms eased or changed ?
    Interesting to hear about the raw food diet - Many people seem to do well on this diet - i'd love to try it. I just need to invest in a juicer! maybe i can ask for one for my birthday x

OIC! You got re-interested in raw food because of the Laura Bruno post.

No, I can't say I'm into too much raw food. I have salad. But I do eat a lot of steamed veg and fruit, and less meats than I used to. Long ago, I drank wheat grass. I don't think I could handle the detox effect of that right now. But, someday, I might go back to that. It's a great health support.

Anyway, I think it's fabulous that you're taking this step to promote your healing. More power to you. Yeah, there are some recipe books out there to help make it tasty.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Rachel, thank you for the kind words but I do not feel like an inspiration :-) That would be great though. So in answer to your question, yes there has been both healing and changes in symptoms for me. My symptoms went from terror, to high anxiety anxious state, to now a more calm place but very depressive and still struggling with some fears. The improvement has been all to slow for me and I am not where I want to be. I still stuggle to grasp what exactly happened. One minute I was normal and functioning and then after taking the citalopram I was "not".

Sheila, yes it's sad how desperate I am and willing to try "almost" anything to heal. Juicing seemed harmless enough :-) I am still on my usual diet, just adding fresh veggie juice and raw veggies. I made a cold soup today in the blender (some people would call it a blended salad) Yummmy

Ha ha! Hilarious emoticon choice, m&m! I'm asking the angels to make the new food taste better....

-- Holger Kalweit

Hello M & M:
    In my country many naturists recommend aloe vera juice to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy / radiotherapy. In addition, aloe vera is a good detoxifying vital organs (liver, kidneys, lungs, ...).

Hugs
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

M&M was reading about your reaction to Cit and how it happened possibly because you'd been on and off it for short periods. I think the same happened to me and Sertraline. I'd taken it (and prozac) previously for a month at a time and just come off it with no issues . This time when my world started to fall apart i had taken the theraputic dose for 8 weeks which wasn't the one off that you'd done and then started getting poorly on it but I think maybe we can only play with fire a couple of times before your body reacts badly to these drugs.
    So glad that the anxiety has calmed down a lot over this past year and I'm sure over these next few months you'll find a way to work through your fears and depression.
    x