Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my story

my story

My name is Jacqueline I was put on ritalin at age 10 because I didn't keep up in class with learning to read, then antidepressentsat age 14 for OCD caused from bullying, and after hitting my head hard. I'm a smart, passionate, empathic person, who has always been naturally intuned with people and the universe.

The meds took away the highs I use to find in music, art, and the surrounding beauty of life. It took away exactly what kept me going in between all the pain I would feel. I have never been able to feel what a full orgasm is like. There is a wall inside me. I meditate or do yoga to clear my mind from these issues. I sometimes smoke pot to feel also. I wish i did not need weed but it keeps me going at low points of emptyness. I dislike that I depend on it to feel but it has kept me more intouch with life.

I use to be able to close my eyes and dream. Can anyone relate to having your imagination taken away? So I'd like to open up to you about this and hope you do not judge me further. With the desire to feel, just about anything, I tried mushrooms and LSD a couple times, and visually it had no affect. I used it to go reach deep meditations, hoping to make new connections in my brain, and also out of curiousity. My visuals were so faint, I could hardly see it what I was experiencing. It scares me that a drug such as LSD can not give me my imagination back, though I know it is not the answer. It just makes me wonder if it is that out of reach.

I enjoy living inside my head, another reason I've probably had so few friends. Apart from the ways I want to enlighten society, my personal goals are to explore the other dimensions through meditation, experience as many deep emotions, and to use imagination to experience divine creation within. Meditation is something I plan on doing for the rest of my life. I want to keep falling deeper and closer to the universe. And I will never give up my dreams. I was given a very smart and passionate mind. But because of the medication I have limitations, and it frustrates me so much. The limitations hurt my artist ego so much, I want to draw and be an illustrator but I can't see anything inside my head anymore, so now I take photographs. I do not feel good enough for myself or for a lover. I keep developing strength to fall and get back up again, to try and gain back these things.

Life has been a strange journey, but there's a part of me that never dies, the child who believes in magic. I hope that the next years of your life continue to be filled with light and look forward to hearing everyone.

I hope I am not judged by everything I had to say for I am simply sharing my story and would like to be honest.

Welcome, Jacqueline!

How very upsetting to feel that you cannot access your imagination, especially for a creative, passionate, mystical person like you.

Your life goals sound fantastic, and I believe you will heal and grow and be able to reach them. You are absolutely right that there is a part of you that has not died and will not die, and is just waiting for the safe, facilitating conditions that will allow you to emerge.

The first question I need clarification on is where you are in terms of prescription meds. What are you taking? Or when did you stop taking it?

[Can we move this thread to the Journal sub-forum, where you can add to it ongoingly and we can continue to post on it?]
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sure. I took various SSRIs throughout ages 14-19, at 19, after years of wondering why I could not longer feel love, figured it out, and decided to wean off from 40mg of Celexa to 20mg and stayed there for a year, then 10mg for the next couple. This past year, I am now 23, I slowly weaned off and have been on meds free for two months now. I feel certainly more energy, and alive since. I take enjoyment out of things again. So I truly try to appreciate small things like that. I've thought honestly about suicide, but I really want to live, so I am being greatful for the small things. But honestly, I never feel truly fullfilled, and it's not always enough. I miss deep emotions. I've been meditating to keep love in my heart and bliss in my third eye, so I can connect and feel pleasure, so that keeps me going, though I wish the emotions would come naturally. I like to also think, they are deep down in my heart and that person still exists, though to be honest I really no longer know who I truly am. I just look back to childhood and try to get in touch with that person.

I'm getting acupunture now in hope that will help heal the brain (which apparently it might) it does wonders for my mood, and I take .5 and sometimes 1mg ativan for sleep as I can't have a full night sleep after going off the medication.

Hi there. Thank you for having the courage to share all of that with us. Not sure you've mentioned your non a/d drug-use over at PP but if you have, I must have missed it.

I'm curious. Were you diagnosed with ADD when they put you on Ritalin?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Welcome to IAWP, Jacqueline! The symptoms you are mentioning are caused by ADs/WD. Though it may take some time for your real emotions to return, there is no doubt it will eventually happen. That is really really good you keep doing meditations. I firmly believe it will help you heal faster. It looks like these drugs impact the pineal gland big time (calcifying it) and cut us off from the *real* feelings. But, once you are off of them, your body, slowly but surely, starts rebuilding itself.

Try taking Ativan only when it really is a must. Benzo can be very addictive. Yes, acupuncture is worth trying out.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Junior, Yeah I was diagnosed via testing but even then I don't feel I actually have it, I can focus when i want, I'm just a space casey dreamer.

Luc- Do you know any supplments or ways to detox the pineal gland?

I'm still in the process of researching it myself, but what can really be worth trying out is Apple Cider Vinegar. I'm taking a tablespoon daily (mixed with water). It's also good for your entire body. On Earthclinic, it's voted the most universal remedy; http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

There are other possible ways of pineal gland detoxing mentioned in the article below, but I haven't looked much into it yet. It is always advisable to do more research before starting taking any of them, especially in WD. I'd be cautious with St. John's wort or any psychoactive substances they mention.

http://www.naturalnews.com/038533_pi...ciousness.html
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by morningtide View Post
    Junior, Yeah I was diagnosed via testing but even then I don't feel I actually have it, I can focus when i want, I'm just a space casey dreamer.
    Stupid idiots. If you can focus when you want then I don't see how you can have ADD. I have a son who does have it (I believe his father has it too) and this is a baby who literally wriggled off his change table at 3.5 months of age! Sadly yours is a case of the overdiagnosing and overtreating that goes on. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Do you still have issues with OCD?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous