Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Brainwave entrainment"

hmmm... I wondered what this was about previously. I'm not sure I totally understand it - Had a look at The healing properties of Solfeggio Frequency 528 hz out of being curious - headache, head pressure and nausea almost instantly, and it continued for about 30 mins after, I only listened for about 15 seconds...
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

Interesting, hermi. I couldn’t stand it either. Felt awful instantly. I was very surprised.

You can also access the solfeggio benefits through music, which is a very different experience –

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ull=1#post3048
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I've heard of certain Binaural Brainwave programs meant to simulate drug experiences, which I find interesting enough. I want to try some but like I said, I want to let my brain heal.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

I was able to tolerate it without any side-effects, even though I'm still ultra-sensitive to all the rest of sounds (with some exceptions). It just goes to show how bizarre and individual are one's experiences in WD...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I haven't really been sensitive to sounds , but I suspect that binaural beats may be different.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Sheila, that looks really interesting. I will look into that in the future. Those 15 seconds of listening really triggered something. I had bad headaches and nausea for 3 days after that. It wasn't continuous just on and off. It's stopped now though. I don't think that severity wise my symptoms are that bad on the whole but I do seem very sensitive to different things and the reactions I have are short lived but quite aggressive. I am discovering what things affect me gradually and accidentally in most cases!
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)

hermi – Cute pic of your son! That’s astonishing that your reaction was so intense and so long-lasting to such a short exposure to a pretty mild stimulus. It sounds like this is your pattern, though, as you say. You’re quite robust overall, but there are specific things that you have a violent reaction to! It’s so interesting – it’s as though your system is telling you very clearly exactly what to do and not do. My experience was *a lot* more muddy. It took a long time for the chaos to clear enough to see any patterns.....Or, I'm not as observant!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Aw thanks - he is a very handsome young man!
    It seems to me that I have to keep things simple - stick to the omega-3, vit C, not too much exercise, and get plenty of sleep my body ticks over ok. Any disruption and my body is driven into chaos for a while. I went camping over the weekend (the photo of my son was from the weekend away) . The weather was really hot. The site had loud nightly entertainment each night til midnight which meant no getting to sleep any earlier. Also, it's light really early so both boys were up at 5 am at the latest both mornings. Last night was hot too so the boys didn't sleep much as a result I have seen quite an increase of symptoms not just in mornings but throughout the day too.
    I'm not symptom free normally by any means its just that I have found ways of dealing with it - it's any changes I find harder to deal with.

Yeah, that sounds about right. You do what you can to keep things less stimulating, and that helps a lot. Eventually, you’ll be able to handle more again.

-- Holger Kalweit