Thread: Weighting a pill with a scale or liquid with a syringe?

Weighting a pill with a scale or liquid with a syringe?

if you take a pill with 20 mg of paxil/déroxat/paroxétine, the 20 mg active molécules are mixed in a support component, normally it is good mixed, homogeneously,
    this is theorical, only the laboratory knows what he has done;
    the psychiatrist i visit 8 months told me, when a pill has in the middle the original possibility of cutting in two parts, there is the half of paxil actives molécules in each part, so 10 mg active paxil molecules, but if we cut a corner of the part which has not been planned to be split, we are not sure of the amount of active molecules we have in this component support;
    dixit the psychiatrist(and i think they have studied this in school), we can have 3 mg actives instead 5 mg; this is normal for him, because the pills has been created to be swallowed entire or half splitting, but not scratching a corner

what is the truth?

i think the bottle syringe system is more reliable, or the titration of the pill in water or milk and shaking, and drinking an amount percentage
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Some great points, Stan! Plus, the drugs from the same producer can differ depending on which chemical plant made them. Even particular batches can differ from one another.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

That's very interesting, Stan. I never heard that before.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

This is what often worries me since I use a 20mg pill to get my 6.5mg. I end up taking one full quarter pill and a little sliver. I use 20mg pills because I can only tolerate brand name and it is much cheaper to get 20mg pills for two month's worth, than 10mg pills for one month's worth My justification has been that if the active ingredient WASN'T evenly distributed throughout the pill then how could they press thousands of 20mg pills and still be ensured that there is 20mg in each pill? The only way this is possible is if the active ingredient is distributed evenly throughout. It's been my understanding that the ingredients are mixed for hours in vats before pressing, but I'll admit I don't know the exact procedure. Some of us can't tolerate or afford the liquid so shaving and weighing is all we have. I'm wary of crushing and mixing the pills in liquid, because the outer pink coating of my pills would make this a bit difficult. Also, the powder of SSRI pills seems heavier than that of benzo, so I'm not sure how well they would mix. How many of you use this method, and does it work for you? I would really like to ensure that I am getting the correct dose.

Jmarie -- one option is crush the pills and turn them into a liquid suspension -- either yourself or by a compounding pharmacy.

I want to make sure you've seen this announcement --

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...Future-of-IAWP
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, I have and I'm sad to hear it. I am not new to the AD forums, but only recently joined this one as the people here seem so compassionate and understanding. Sad to see it go.
    Paxil since Mar.1998
    2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg 2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg
    02/09/13: 6.7mg
    04/06/13: 6.6mg
    06/02/13: 6.5mg
    aka JessG (PP), aka Ladybug (SA)