Thread: My Effexor withdrawal combined with Lyme journal

My Effexor withdrawal combined with Lyme journal

Staying on the same dose since 5 oct, at 110.3 mgs.

Have tapered very slowly over 2 years from reinstatement after brutal 3 month CT, in hospital - up to 75-450 mg (a very high dose)

Have stabilized a bit, but not so much because I thought I was in tolerance but due to Lyme started to attack my body, it was very hard to stay.

Now with treatment for Lyme, It seems I can stay on same dose for longer without "bigger problems" than before, it was impossible with this type of body tension/pressure. Felt like seizure and maximal blockade.

Have feeling what of is adrenal pains and kind of "cortisol rush" opposite the depression, and feeling more warm in the body. But also strange moments of "body fear". I am on herbal antibiotics for Lyme: Olive leaf, Grapefruit seed extract, and take Chlorella, L-glutamine, fibers etc detoxifiers. I also take enzymes to digest biofilms and make blood thinner. And olive oil and omega-3 too.

Colloidal silver drops in eyes, ears, nose and under tongue has helped much better than swallowing it.

My bowel movements have taken a direction now, and connected more with motivation. So some kind of normal feelings, ya all know what I mean. I think it is positive. Sometimes I feel my mind is very clear... then when I have a bad herx, I have brain fog.

I feel like half is withdrawal and other half is Lyme. Both make each other worse. I am a survivor and continue to be. Lyme and SSRI also disrupt "associative thinking patterns" when removing them. So I try to stay on the Effexor and hopefully stabilize when I am on treatment for Lyme (and maybe other co-infections too)

But Lyme brain "psyche" is awful. I have sensations or internal vision of biofilms/layers and cysts bursting, leaking out Lyme and other co-infections and gobbled up. Isn't it strange, I just want to tell what I experience and that is a true feeling/sensation. I have inner light experiences, demons. But I do think, over course of my treatment... slight improvements. Slowly.

Also have "shifts" to and from brain fog, notchs of dizziness rotating very slight and anxiety after I go from or to the computer. Or after reading. Its pure introspective and it "seems too much" for me, but at least I know. So I try to live the life without thinking too much, because it happens and what other choices do I have? I have been having strange suicidal thoughts, easy to suicide but that seems to pass. It always pass! Trust in this!

It's so great to see you here, Mixter!

You're doing a fantastic job of slowly, slowly tapering off of Effexor.

I'm so, so glad you have switched from toxic chemical treatments of Lyme to more natural supplements that will all contribute to building up your body. You're slowly creating a healthy body, which is the way to go. It's best to go slow if there's any Herxheimer reaction.

You are definitely an impressive survivor!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

hi Mixter,

i have in my family a girl who had lyme, maybe 6 years later apparently a relapse, they checked her in Strasbourg(France), and gave her "clamoxyl" (= amoxicilline, apparently penicilline) during two/three weeks; and since all is good again after blood checking "borrelia"; for me, many symptoms you have come from effexor and years taken; all this is difficult for my age, and for a young much more, but it will become much better with time;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hi Mixter,

I want to welcome you to IAWP. Thanks for sharing in your journal thread exactly what you are currently experiencing. That is very meaningful and helpful to everyone who reads your post.
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Hey, Mixter! Take one step at a time and you will get there. Please, keep us updated.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

H Mixter.......

such a horrific experience of trying to taper off these drugs. I feel for what you are going through since, I've been there myself.

It must be very difficult for you to navigate through this journey when you are simultaneously dealing with another health issue which complicates matters, especially when the condition manifests many similar symptoms to psyche drug WD.

I know you will make it through this journey one way or another, however it is painful to witness the suffering that others experience while trying to get off these toxic drugs.

Always remember that others have gotten off these drugs, even though they went through hell doing so. Eventually, repair and healing does manifest. Continue to taper in the safest way possible and one day you will be free from this horrific experience.

You still have a long life ahead of you and I sincerely wish you for you to be free from unrelenting suffering.

BTW, I'm so very glad to read that you have found some effective treatments for the Lyme Disease which appear to be helping you (if I have read things correctly).

Peace, Continued Healing and Full Recovery to You!

Samsara

Last edited by stan; 01-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish