Thread: Negative Thoughts about yourself and the World

Negative Thoughts about yourself and the World

I have to fight a strong sense of doom and hopelessnes every day.

I copied this thread from another fellow sufferer:

Negative Thoughts About Yourself

"Is it a withdrawal symptom to have negative thoughts about yourself?"

Yes, very negative thoughts that my very existence is stupid and worthless. "Why am I even here? Life is ridiculous!" --- those kinds of thoughts creep up and tear at your soul and make you detached from reality and ungrounded, scared and alone to your core.

Yes, those thoughts are terrible, Alex. The good new is that, as time passes and your CNS heals more, you are usually able to start controlling them more. Remember, even people who had ADs prescribed for physical conditions are often going through the same when in WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

at the beginning, i have no negative thoughts, i try to be realistic and watch at me, and there i see what paxil has do to me and become pessimistic, with negative thoughts;
    more years pass, more i have the feelings natural and stronger, but negative;
    the day when i will have a "normal" life as before meds, i think i will change; but it is not in coming month, for sure
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish