Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1 year off sertraline - still experiencing withdrawals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Unfortunately, this new house is just a rented place for a few months, a stop gap until we find a place we want to buy. I can't believe we'll have to do all this again - it really is awfully stressful and exhausting! Anyway I've survived it...
    Hi Rachel:

Phew! Moving ..., very, very, very stressful. It brings back bad memories ...
    I changed my home shortly before my daughter was born, in 2005, and never regained my energy ... in 2009 I started antidepressants and benzo ...

"a stop gap until we find a place we want to buy"

It's very, very important place to live. Let yourself be guided by your intuition to buy your new home ....

I never comfortable in my new home. We still live in the same neighborhood in before (actually live in a contiguous site), we have no problems with neighbors ... the problem is "the house".
    My husband and I never felt comfortable in this new house, I perceive a negative energy ... , In one of the bedrooms there is more density ... I made inquiries about the people who lived before and found weird things.

For some time we are thinking of moving house (yes, when I heal .., lol).

Hug
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Parox -- I am interested in the problems and history of your house. I would like to hear more about it either on the forum or in a pm. I may also be able to make some suggestions about what to do about it.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila I like the idea of trying something brand new - I'll keep my eye out for things which interest me. I guess WD can spark new interests - I certainly feel like a different person than the one I was before I started on this WD journey - maybe i'll find new interests and start growing as a person.

Thanks for your support Luc- I've found the move far more stressful than I ever imagined. We had such a quick sale and had to be out of our house in 4 weeks, in the last week the purchasers started demanding we remove all fitted appliances and fill in holes in walls otherwise we'd be fined! We did the move ourselves, it was snowing, the van broke down, and i was in so much pain with wd body aches! My 2 year old daughter has had the chicken pox too! It's been one thing after another. Fortunately this week has been a little easier and at least I've been able to sit down as i've been back at work and I'm sleeping so much better as we're living on a very quiet road. It's quite peaceful here. It also has lovely big windows and a beautiful view so I feel more relaxed.

Next time will be easier as we're leaving loads of boxes packed and stored under the house.

Parox, I'm sorry you don't feel good about your home - maybe Sheila can help? You moved the same year as I moved into my first house 2005, so you've been there some time now. What do you mean by more 'density'? It's awful if you feel unsettled. what did you discover about your home? I work in family history so often look at old census returns for properties.
    Maybe a move when you feel up to it would be a good idea.

I've found the move far more stressful than I ever imagined. We had such a quick sale and had to be out of our house in 4 weeks, in the last week the purchasers started demanding we remove all fitted appliances and fill in holes in walls otherwise we'd be fined! We did the move ourselves, it was snowing, the van broke down, and i was in so much pain with wd body aches! My 2 year old daughter has had the chicken pox too! It's been one thing after another.
    Oh my, it's been quite a ride, Rachel. The good news is that you are slowly recuperating from it. Even for a perfectly healthy person it would be far too much, and for someone in WD it's just nightmarishly hellish.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Holy cow, Rachel! What a series of unfortunate events! :) Glad you are recovering a bit now!

What do you do in family history? Sounds interesting!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila, I work for a family history website in the uk where members can build their trees to trace living family relations and also as so many records have been digitalised now members can look up birth marriage death and census returns and other records, Mainly have Uk records but hopefully expanding to get other collections soon. It's really lovely helping people trace their family history so many interesting stories! I work from home so it's pretty handy esp going through this withdrawal. I doubt i would be able to work if i had to go to an office. When I do go to the office I feel drained for weeks after due to the long commute. So you guys who have to go OUT to work- I admire you all greatly.
    The fatigue and permanent body aches have been really getting to me over the past few days - i feel too tired to do anything. I'm going to make myself go swimming this evening even though i really don't want to!

That is really interesting work, Rachel. I just read a novel set in the UK where someone used a genealogy organization to solve a mystery. People are really getting into this genealogy more and more it seems.

Have you come across any instances where people discover surprising intergenerational patterns -- like someone in each of three generations had a car accident at age 29 -- or anything like that?

You must be an ace Googler!

Yeah, that fatigue and achiness is something. I found Vit. C helped me with that. Good for you for going swimming!

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Have you come across any instances where people discover surprising intergenerational patterns -- like someone in each of three generations had a car accident at age 29 -- or anything like that?
    On a related note (though mainly from a statistical point of view), I once read that one of the (German?) insurance companies had calculated that, if one was to be able to live forever (from a physiological/biological perspective, that is), one would live, on average, around 600 years before a major "making-it-impossible-to-get-to-601-years" accident of any kind happened.

The fatigue and permanent body aches have been really getting to me over the past few days - i feel too tired to do anything. I'm going to make myself go swimming this evening even though i really don't want to!
    If physical exercises don't cause any or much worsening of symptoms, keep doing them. They will help you recover faster, Rachel.

Hi Sheila and Luc, ha! no haven't come across any cases like that - I guess most of the records I look at are pre 1900 and only certain information was collected byt the enumerators. It's always really interesting looking up household of large families who had servants and maids and butlers. Our members often upload scanned photos of their ancestors and this can really bring them to life again. Many of the families we locate stayed in the same town/village all their lives - i guess people didn;t move back then! Sometimes you can feel really moved when you discover how many children people had who died in infancy. Can you imagine in the modern day if there was a real chance your child might not make it past 10 years old. Can you imagine what fun our descendants will have tracing us - multiple marriages, moving every few years, different occupations. I think it will be interesting for them tracing us. I know in the UK census for 2001 many people listed their religion as Jedi (from star wars)
    Since I had a foot soak of Epsom salts and my anxiety went up after this my sysmptoms have gone completely over these few days - i've been normal - perfectly normal! just tired which is fine. Wow! Enjoying the pain free/anxiety free days. It's strange as I've been on antibiotics for a few days for an infected ingrowing toenail(yuck!) and I was really nervous about taking them, so far no problems and they are massive pills 4 times a day. I just hope i can get off them ok and not suffer wd from stopping them.
    Hoping all you fellow withdrawalers are ok today x