Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 year off sertraline - still experiencing withdrawals.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Think about bipolar, schizophrenia, and major depressive disorder (recurrent episodes of depression). Such people have periods of normality so it seems their brains are operating normally during that time.
    Hello Junior:

Yes, you're right, it depends on the pathology ....
    The doctor's comment does not pertain to my case. I started taking antidepressants for stress. I never had depression. I had sadness, discouragement ... but depression is something much deeper that sadness....

Greetings from the antipodes of Australia,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    She said that many patients who return after 3 or 4 months off, because they had joint, muscle ... However, he believes it's because the original problem returns.
    And thus the damage caused by the psych med gets misattributed…..
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Rachel – One of our members Samsara recently pointed out to me that cod liver oil is high in Vit. D which can cause anxiety in some people in w/d.

Also, I wonder if it might be possible to find a very low-dose capsule, like 100 mg, so you could go up slower. Or you could take the liquid. But, I suspect that just choosing a non-cod-liver oil is the key.

So, if you ever feel intuitively drawn to it again, I would consider a fish oil capsule that is not cod liver oil and one that is a very low dose. Also, sometimes we cannot tolerate a supplement in w/d, but 6 months down the road you can.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    Hello Junior:

Yes, you're right, it depends on the pathology ....
    The doctor's comment does not pertain to my case. I started taking antidepressants for stress. I never had depression. I had sadness, discouragement ... but depression is something much deeper that sadness....

Greetings from the antipodes of Australia,
    Grrrr. I hate it when I hear of people being put on these powerful medications for plain old stress. Counselling and support is what is needed. Not pills.

And yes, major depression is worlds apart from normal sadness. That's why I hate it when I hear 'they' are trying to turn grief into a DSM category
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

hello Rachel,

i belong to people who have most physical pains, i have only little, memory, cognition problems, anxiety of course since childhood is always here; but physical, i have all, chest , standing, pains, sleeping, special zaps, fibromyalgia, joints, sjogrens, eyes etc, i am a collector
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Sheila - thanks for pointing me in the direction of the neuro emotions thread. It all makes sense. I have a lot of neuro guilt - intense guilt that I took the antidepressants and now have put my family in a position where they have a mother and wife who is sick. Regarding the cod liver oil being high in vitamin D and ramping up anxiety this could be exactly why I couldn't tolerate it. I origianlly bought it to counter the brain zaps but I only experienced the zaps for a couple of weeks. I'll try and hunt out some different kinds of fish oil - thanks for this advice.

Stan- looks like we're in the same boat collecting phsical wd symptoms. They are very debilitating and quite often bizarre aren't they!

Hi Parox, thanks for your welcome. Regarding your back pain, that's where i have the pain on and off, I understand how hard it is to go to the doctor when you fear something is wrong. It's traumatic going through various tests.

Regarding recovery, is there something little i can do each day to help myself? What would you all say is the key thing you should do to aid recovery?

This latest spell or wave seemed to ease off slightly yesterday. My symptoms seemed more background, and I was able to go to my exercise class. I came out feeling on top of the world! Today i went to my toddlers gym class and enjoyed speaking to the other Mums so that was great as the past few weeks i haven't been able to exercise and have avoided toddler groups etc.

This eve I'm twicthing all over and my back and hip are hurting. I've tried the epsom salt baths but these seemed to rev up the anxiety too. I've also tried massage but this also seemed too stimulating and my whole body went numb and pins and needles everywhere.

Those are some excellent questions, Rachel, about what little thing you can do each day to help yourself! You are already doing a lot of excellent things!

What I'd like to know is is there something in your day that is really *for you* that you feel interested in, curious about, or ideally even passionate about? We think that identifying and pursuing your truest passions may be one of the most helpful things you can do to help you heal from this injury. Even 5 - 15 minutes of a day of looking into something that really floats your boat is incredibly neuro-rehabilitative, and may help you find the gold hidden in the dross of w/d.

-- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila, Sorry for delay in replying. We've juist moved house and I've been without internet for a few weeks.
    Moving was incredibly stressful and my symptoms have really flared up. Unfortunately, this new house is just a rented place for a few months, a stop gap until we find a place we want to buy. I can't believe we'll have to do all this again - it really is awfully stressful and exhausting! Anyway I've survived it...
    As for your question regarding passions or interests I have to say that for the past 10 years I've really avoided everything which used to make me happy. In my teenage years I loved singing and learning languages but when the depression hit I stopped doing anything I enjoyed. It made me too sad to think about. Odd.

Oh my goodness, moving house is one of the most stressful things there is. I hate it! Congratulations on making it through. The next move should be easier, since you won't be as entrenched in this house. And your w/d symptoms should start to settle down now.

I really understand your reluctance to return to old loves. Depression can do that, and w/d does that to a lot of people. Maybe what would work best is to keep an eye out for different things that entice you now. Just pay attention to anything that grabs you or makes you feel any interest, and then set aside a few minutes to Google it. Then, later, when you feel better, you can try taking up the old loves again, too.

-- Holger Kalweit

All those bizarre emotions are perfectly normal in WD, Rachel. Anhedonia especially. Also your moving house has temporarily worsened it. It will be getting better. Then, once you are in a more permanent place, it will help you to improve still further. It takes time to heal from these drugs, but you will get there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.