Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy's Journal

Wow. I sure wish i had known effexor was so bad. But i knew nothing was bad. Dumb dumb. Yah i dont think she got that i still want to withdraw. I think she just got that i did not want to suffer this bad. Unfortunately it could take another few weeks to get a lowet dose. Not sure what to do. Did not realize i could get smaller dose.. great idea to try other sleep aids first. I was just going to do celexa and see how it went before added trazadone. But great idea that maybe wont need trazadone. Mist antidepressants keep me awake that is why she gave me that. I will wait and see what ghappens witb celexa and sleep. However i sleep horribly now. But i am afraid to add too many thigs as once. Do you thing i could add melatonin or calmsforte and celexa.at same time and still decipher what is causing what. I meed sleep asap. Any other sleep ideas. I am afraid to take xanax. It is addictive. I should have never taken it . And this doc doesnt beleive in it. I dont think i should have ever taken it

In that case, try going the Celexa route, Nancy, and at not too high a dose, as Sheila said.

I wouldn't add melatonin at that point. If you feel improvement after the Celexa, you will know you're on the right track. Again, do not blame yourself for anything. What is most important, you know the cause of all these horribe symptoms and you can take steps now to change it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Nancy, I just want to wish you all the best with your decision to try Celexa. I hope it helps.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Hi, she gave me 20 mg. i see it comes in 10mg. But it could take me awhile to get that from her since it is public health care.
    Do you think i can take 20 every other day until i talk to her. i dont think i was clear about staying in withdrawal and i assumed she was giving me small dosage at first. she even said she was starting with a small dose. Can you let me know what you think asap.

ok. i see i can cut in half. i will start with 10 mg. i did not explain that i was trying to stay in withdrawal. i just said what has been going on and what i did and why. So she did not know situation. I am severely suicidal and incapacitated. I sure hope i feel a little better on 10. Part of me fears i tried this medication many years ago when it first came out and it gave me a headache. but i am not sure. a key symptom of my brain injury is headache so that worries me. I could maybe call doctor and see if in my old records. But my brain is different after injury so maybe have different reaction. Plus not sure if this is the drug. Anyway i fear feeling worse when the drug kicks in based on this. i did not tell doctor this cause did not think of it. and i could be wrong about name of drug. apparently on government insurance there are very few options as well. we shall see i guess. all i know is i need relief really bad and ability to function a bit. it is very scary to be in this condition.

Thank you for your help regarding therapists. I will look around sacramento for therapists but my problem now is i can not even make take action to do that. That is why i think i need drugs. cause i want to take supplements but can not even open my books to read how much and drive to store, etc. So researching all of this therapy stuff is my problem. i went to community clinic in davis yesterday and they set me appointment with social worker for wednesday who will hook me up with all services and help i need. i am sure i will get no individual therapy but maybe she can at least help me research good options. i can t do research.

Nancy, if anything, do *not* take it every other day. It would be very bad for your system. What you could do is to take half of it. Though, please remember, that each day's dose would need to be the exact same. Soon more people will give you their advice on it.

nancys -- You are doing an excellent job in a very difficult situation. You should feel really proud of yourself! You're a survivor. You found us, you seem to have found a decent psychiatrist, you have gotten Medi-Cal, you have an appointment with a social worker. You're making complicated decisions that no one the planet really knows the answer to. You are doing fabulously!

1) Cut the Celexa in half. Do not skip days.

2) Brain injury headache -- ask your social worker to find out if there is a chiropractic grad school in Sacto / Davis. Consider getting an assessment and treatment from their training clinic. Some adjustments might make a difference in your headaches.

3) Sleep. Let's go over this carefully. What do you do now to help yourself sleep? Caffeine out? Regular sleep schedule? Ear plugs, eye shades. Darkness makes you make melatonin. Can you do some exercise -- helps you sleep. Can you tolerate a warm or hot bath before bed? Hot milk? Eat enough. Relaxation / meditation / fiction on CD? Tell us what you're already doing.

This is going to be a process. Step by step. Your decision to take a low dose of a psych med in order to take care of yourself is a good one.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I try to go to bed around 10-11. I recently stopped electronis hour before. I recently made sure turn light out. No caffeine.. no ear plugs but can and have noisy roommates. I think i need to gget the right bedding cause i sweat i my sleeping bag. I eat a lot. Dont eat dairy. Could do jacuzzi at apartment but just moved in with people and not sure if want to take bath. Couldnt if they are home cause onky one toilet. Just got some relaxation cds free. Was doing meditation cds. What all do you recommend. Bedsing bad cause cat got on it elsewhere and havent cleaned due to task completion problems from brain injury so need to do laundry real bad.

As for jacuzzi, I'd avoid it now. It might be too stimulating for your system. Very good about caffeine.

Also, have a look at this thread here; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...et-Supplements You may find some good advice in it, as well as in this forum; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ealing-Methods

Try out the relaxation and meditation CD you have, Nancy. I think they should be fine. If you wanted some more/others, you will find lots of them here; https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.K4e2VKfZZLw

Key words; meditation, relaxation, music, etc.

You are very brave. Hang in there!