Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Nancy's Journal

That’s terrible that no one believed you had a legitimate traumatic brain injury. Good for you for persevering and standing up for yourself.

Did you ever get that MRI?

You went up to 3 tsp = 4125 mg Omega-3 on 1 June, right? How is that going?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

yes got mri year ago but radiologist read it wrong. so not told i had brain injury until october when neurologist saw it finally.
    i did not increase omega three because we added wellbutrin and wanted to do one at a time. wellbutrin caused immense physical anxiety and horrible concentration. so stopped. going to psychiatrist monday. i get confused because i hear about thinking positively, cognitive distortions, doing stuff that improves your life etc as way to treat depression. but i feel i need some more drugs to even get to a point to be able to function enough to buy food, make meals, shower, do laundry etc. it's very confusing as to what to do but i just dont think those things are going to make me feel that much better cause i feel so bad. any thoughts?

Hello, Nancy. It's most of all trying to find the middle ground between taking just enough drugs to mitigate WD/side-effects and not overdoing them (to not cause more dependency), to be able to function on at least some bearable level there to prepare oneself for the future tapring. Though, where this middle ground is may be sometimes quite difficult to figure out. Usually doctors don't know much about WD/side-effects from ADs and will be adding more of them.

The same applies for doing all the things you've mentioned. On the one hand, try doing at least a minimum that you're able to do. On the other, do not blame yourself when your symptoms get really severe. So often, you simply need to get past the worst without pushing it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

What Luc said!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Get medi-care tomorrow. Starting partial hospitalization at sutter health (which x-patients say is excellent) tomorrow. will have psychiatrist. will watch him like a hawk and be extremely careful. but of course he has way more information than i have. 6 hour a day program. program should help me will be interesting to see what doc says and what results from program i get.

Nancy, please remember me - this Sutter Health is related to your head injury treatment, yes? We are with you all the time.

Sutter center for psychiatry. it is a 6 hour day program. already dissappointed in program. marketing said group therapy and some individual therapy and discharge planning. now they say no individual therapy, the group therapy is really classes on mental health topics with us interacting about topic (not processing issues of day), and for discharge planning i told them we should probably start work on finding therapist and psychiatrist now because of my insuraance. so the guy came back and handed me a list of google pages. i need help finding doctors-my brain doesn't work i need actual discharge planning help not google pages. Anyway. but the classes (not therapy in my mind) are good but i am having a severe crisis and they really dont want to spend much time on my suffering at all. (i am not trying to talk excessively they just want to talk about a topic not my daily needs) whatever crisis is that my roommate is treating me horribly so in last 48 hours learned i have to move in 30 days and now afraid he will steal my stuff or vandalize it. bad situation. very narcissistic guy i found out.
    so due to my severe suffering and brain issues the taskd of finding a place and moving are impossible for me. i cant do it. it is too hard. i cant plan, i cant initiate, i cant handle any pressure, and i have severe stress, and just keeping self alive all day. so this just is awful for me. i will do it but i will have to severely force myself and it is causing horrible stress. its too hard for me.
    whatever. plus all the issues with dealing with his behavior and confrontation and all.
    basically they really did not want to get too much into it and i felt very little support or empathy and got more relief from talking to a friend after left program then when at program for 2 6 hour days. pretty angry. but whatever. it is very focused on learning 17 skills for helping self. no so focused on support, empathy, listening. anyway only been 3 days and feel frustrated. i am not saying it is awful just that i had a crisis and did not feel cared about or helped through it. whatever.
    so far no new meds. am being very careful about meds. but i still believe i need more or better meds because i am still very nonfunctional and having hard time keeeping self alive(before roommate crisis also) i did start 1 tsp magnesium morning and night. how much do you guys recommend. i take the brand calm.
    hope you are all doing ok. i have a hard time reading so don't read the other journals that much. maybe i should make myself more. now that i think of it it would probably be helpful maybe.
    I went to partial hospitalization cause i figure it was free mental health care. and i have been trying to learn as much as possible about mental health for years. and i have free time. and they wont let you in their 3 hour a day outpatient unless you do partial hospitalization first. its free so i figured i would take advantage of the help. i am learning stuff and of course know some already but never hurts to be reminded. i did not feel i needed the program just want as much psychological help in my life as i can get and its free.

Hang in there as best as you can, Nancy. So sorry to hear about this room-mate situation. Ah!

But I can see you are doing all you can to learn about your illness as much as possible. Even if you feel disappointed with this Sutter Center programme, the most important thing is that you keep trying!

As for magnesium, I would start with the lowest dose they say for the one you take (check the insert). There is always a possibility to up it if your body is fine with it. How are you with Omega-3? Are you taking it now?

That does sound disappointing about the program. What a shame it’s so regimented, with no “time” for sympathy. Good for you for trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and at least learn anything valuable they have to teach.

I’m so sorry you have to move. That is certainly very stressful. You had a social worker at one point – can s/he help you? There may also be programs to help people who are ill or elderly with this task.

Here are a couple of links that might have people who can help you –

http://www.mutualhousing.com/housing..._referrals.htm

https://sacwiki.org/Housing

-- Holger Kalweit

Yes 3000 mg omega 3s
    thanks for the internet sites.
    I just wish it were easy for me to look at the sites and make phone calls. i am going to have to take action and have taken some action but it is very very hard due to brain injury and, unfortunately looking at websites is the most uncomfortable. It helps to have the site narrowed down for me like you did, problem is it is still very very hard. just have to do it. On friday a psychologist filled in for the social worker. she was fabulous. everything she said for 3 hours was helpful. we had her a bit today and a doctoral intern also. learned a lot. i guess i just don't find social worker that helpful. he will be back tomorrow. but when i go to 3 hour outpatient the psychologist is the person i get all three hours. so that should be awesome. so fri and mon were much better in program. i do feel better just having a place to be 6 hours a day with people. and the guy is helpful just not highly impactful.
    Thank you for your support i need it.
    the interpersonal conflict with my roommate has caused much psychological distress plus the pressure of moving. so had terrible last week. severe distress. just have to survive it. reallize 5 1/2 months since ended meds. then added 40mg celexa and 200 traz since march 1. so probably still in a lot of withdrawal.