Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy's Journal

Looks like a very good idea, Sheila.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ok.
    49 yrs old
    I was definately still on effexor in fall of 2011.
    Not sure which two on when started going off in feb of 2012. Lamictal, luvox, effexor. Was on lamictal starting august 2010 amd preetty sure i took it until reducing drugs in feb 2012 then started bsck on in june 2012 until jan 2013. I am doing omega 3 and wild salmon. What do you recommend for omega 3. Was on seroquel basically entire time until jan 2013. On for years and years. Xanax was only 3 months.
    Problem is though that i have felt real bad since may 2012 after tapered feb thru april. So in may started feeling bad. Then went broke in june and decided to go back on drugs so could get job. So thats when started lamictal again and took more seroquel. Never started the effexoror luvox again. Started trying all sorts of different drugs. Always felt bad since then. My brain injury cause severe anxiety and then i went broke and was pushing self to job hunt even thougb enturely incapable of even looking for job. So felt horrible for many reasons. Then starteed taper in nov 2012 and felt horrible since then. Basically severely suffering since last may/june. I am open to trying your idea but i would feel like such a loser for failing after telling everyone what i was doing. Plus even the neurologist says it takes six months for brain to readjust after get off drugs. Shouldnt i just tough it out. Why is withdrawal bad for brain as you stated. Problem is i am completley incapacitated, totally suicidal, dont sleep much, can not take care of any of my affairs. If i go back on drugs do you think i should try the ones i was on when i felt better last february or go on the ones i just got off , but i was not feeling good on them. But also went broke in june so can be factor. But started feeling bad in may when off the other drugs. I.want to do the smart thing. I feel horrendous. Or should i try new drugs. Scared cause some of new drugs made.me reaally bad. I greatly appreciate your help. I am severely misrable. I have felt a tad better last fe days at 8 weeks off but could be other factors or no drugs not sute. Why do you say i could get worse. It has been 8 weeks shouldnt it get better from here out. I really need your help. Dont trust doctors anymore.

I think going back on what you were the longest (Seroquel?), some Xanax (there's a very high probability you are in Xanax WD, too. You can get hooked up on it very fast) and perhaps Lamictal, all at lower doses, would be advisable. You say, Nancys, you felt bad on the drugs, yes? Still, all these terrible symptoms you describe appeared *after* you came off of them? You know, recovering from it is not a matter of drugs leaving your body, but healing from profound changes the drugs inflicted on your entire body and nervous system. You may need quite longer than just 8 weeks to recover from it, especially after 28 years of drug-taking. To put it honestly, there’s a risk of further worsening of your symptoms for still some time.

On the other hand, as I said earlier, there never is a guarantee for successful reinstatement. But, if you do it, it would offer you a possiblity of stabilising, alleviating the current symptoms as much as possible, and then tapering the drugs very very slowly. In the case this didn't work, you would at least know you have tried out all possible options. And that the remaining one is to simply stay away from the drugs and wait for the improvement to start happening.

Hi luc, why would i get even worse. What do youknow about this idea that he brain kicks in in 6 months. So you dont think i should go back on the.drugs i was on last spring. You think go back on the ones i was on during this summer and fall. Does this sound like drug withdrawal or is this the real me. So fearful that can never get stay off drugs. That i will feel like this forever if i dont take drugs the rest of my life. But i definately want a baseline. Thank you for your help. I need it

nancys – You can absolutely heal from everything you have been through, and get your self back, but you will get there faster if you proceed slower.

You have a complicated situation, and you are a pioneer in the territory of withdrawal from these meds. No one on the planet knows exactly what your best course of action is.

But, in our experience, many people experience what we call withdrawal, but which is really neurological (and endocrinological) re-adjustment to being *without* the meds. For many people this takes a lot longer than 8 weeks. The 6 month figure you were given is also arbitrary. There is no predicting how long it will take your system to find a new equilibrium. Everyone is unique.

But, you can help your body by making the changes slowly, and you have, unwittingly, made a lot of changes very fast. That’s why we suspect – but do not know for sure – that it would be better to reinstate the main drugs at a low dose to take the edge off the withdrawal.

I’m still leaning toward Lamictal, Seroquel, and Xanax at 25% of the full dose. But, I really don’t know.

Do you have a sense of which drugs were the hardest to get off of?

For Omega-3, I would consider the mega-doses used in some research studies on neurological problems and Bipolar disorder. There is a sticky on Omega-3 in Alternatives Subforum. But, if you decide to raise your Omega-3, you should do this slowly also.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I have been doing 3,000 nordic naturals omega 3 liquid.form. what ate mega doses amounts. Any other alternative methods u recommend? I am considering goiing back on the drugs.

Why will i get there faster if i proceed slower.
    I get confused also whether i should go back on the drugs i felt better on last spring or go back on the ones i recently got off of but never felt good on. But the "good" is complicated by having gone broke in june and suffering immensely because of that and trying a bunch of meds on top of the setoquel amd lamictal.since june.

Quote Originally Posted by nancys View Post
    Why will i get there faster if i proceed slower.
    ADs are very addictive. You took them for almost 30 years. The sudden coming off of them throws your nervous system, your entire body into a state of chaos. For it to figure out how to fix things and start repairing them may take quite a lot of time. Tapering drugs slowly offers you a chance for a gradual, far less chaotic and less painful recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by nancys View Post
    I get confused also whether i should go back on the drugs i felt better on last spring or go back on the ones i recently got off of but never felt good on. But the "good" is complicated by having gone broke in june and suffering immensely because of that and trying a bunch of meds on top of the setoquel amd lamictal.since june.
    That's the thing, Nancys. At this point, it is really difficult (if at all possible) to be 100% certain which drugs are/were "better"/"worse" for you. It is all very complex. Theoretically, you should go back on drugs you were the longest on = those your body is most addicted to *and* those that you went off of 8 weeks ago.

You could try Seroquel, Lamictal and Xanax at 25-30% of the doses. But, again, everyone's body is different, everyone's situation is different, we are all still learning how these things work. And we do it on our own - doctors will never admit that WD even exists.

Omega-3 is really worth trying out, perhaps low doses of magnesium. Also, please have a look at http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ealing-Methods Maybe you will find something beneficial there.

Ok, I moved you thread to Journals, Nancy. This way, we will be able to monitor your progress better.

I am starting to believe that i tapered too fast. i just got medi-cal but i am not sure what doctors will take that. i am sure they are terrible doctors who also know nothing about brain injuries added to original psychiatric problems. Plus i don't trust a word doctors tell me. I am willing to hear them out, and listen to you and people on other websites. i would like to buy some books but just the effort to try to research and order one seems too hard. I am very incapacitated and suicidal. Same with supplements, just seems too hard to read the books i have and drive to the store. It is because of this i am considering your idea. I felt best before tapered last spring. I will have to get pharmacy records and figure this all out. especially if need to tell doctor. I am so incapacitated i can barely make a doctor appointment and visit. I guess i am getting convinced that i tapered too fast.