Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy's Journal

Yah, the stress instructor knows nothing about my drug situation.

4 weeks. Definitely better. long way to go.
    so i have felt horrible since last june when last was on ssri. now ssri kicking in and feeling better. so does that mean i need ssri for rest of life or not. i took many other drugs during this time period of june to now but not an ssri and have felt horrendous. i can tell i needed ssri the whole time. so was this all withdrawal or did i need ssri for life. what factor does having all the other drugs in me have in all this. anyway. just wondering what you think. of course probably no body on the planet knows. for now i will just get stabilized and worry about future removal of drugs at a later time. still sleeping horrendously. went up to 30 mg celexa and 75 traza yesterday(from 20mg and 50mg). bought magnesium at store. does anyone know if gaba helps people stay asleep.
    praise the lord i am feeling better. calmer, more awake more alive, less childhood stuff, less fear, less stress, a tad more capable of functioning. nightime is the worst with little sleep and all my feelings. takes 4 more weeks for the drugs to kick in again. but at least on upswing. but total torture still. i have been in living hell torture since last june. totally nonfunctional. crazy what put self through. but did go to doctor. he just kept thinking all i needed was sleep and never put me back on an ssri. he was new doc for me. he was a neurologist. tried me on at least 8 drugs from june through october and none were right for sleep or anything. he misdiagnosed my issue. i needed ssri. but i guess even though i have suffered beyond human comprehension i did clear my system of drugs. titrated 3 months and off 9 weeks. so at least when started with drug we can really see what they do. since wreck 3 years ago when i was on 2 drugs at time of wreck docs just keep adding and taking drugs away. there was no way to know what was what as far as i am concerned. so by getting them out of me i can at least see what a drug does to me. before it was a guessing game when trying different stuff and not know what causing what or what drug drug interactions there were. i believe the drugs i was on at time of wreck caused a lot of my severe brain pain/concentration problems since the wreck. the docs never figured this out. i believe i figured it out as i eliminated drugs. becaause brain injuries change the brain i think the drugs i was on at wreck did not interact well with the brain injury and caused me immense suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by nancys View Post
    so does that mean i need ssri for rest of life or not.
    Absolutely not, Nancy. But, considering the length of time you have spent on ADs, them being so numerous, being able to function w/o them may take some time. You;

1. need to stabilise better, meanwhile learning as much as possible about WD symptoms and WD in general
    2. prepare yourself for the future WD as best as you can logistically (have a support system in place)

There's no rush at all. First things first - stabilising more is a priority now.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

You’ve been through bloody hell. I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit better.

It’s really not possible to tease out what is what with you right now. But, I certainly do not think that getting benefit from an SSRI means you have to take an SSRI forever.

Luc has framed a good approach.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Started 10 more mg celexa and 25 more mg trazadone 2 days ago. slept way better last night. sleep has been horrendous. as function more can research and go to health food store for more sleep stuff. Do you guys know anything about saffron and depression. the amen clinic recommended a certain saffron supplement to someone i know for mild-moderate depression. but then i would need to learn if ok to take with celexa and trazadone. this 10 mg will take another 4 weeks to kick in but will start kicking in before that. the misery is horrendous. need way more relief. do you know what depression supplements can be taken with antidepressants. do you know if the amen clinic's services are really reputable.

I don’t know anything about saffron and depression. I wouldn’t be surprised if saffron had medicinal value since it has been prized for centuries. Do some Googling and let us know what you find.

You kind of have to be careful about taking anti-depression supplements while on ADs or in w/d from them. I would stay away from anything that works too directly on a neurotransmitter – like 5-HTP. And I would tend toward basic nutrients – like Omega-3. There is a lot of research on Omega-3 for depression.

I have not heard good things about the Amen Clinic, but I never believe in throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Someone who is not good to work with may have a good idea that you can take away and use yourself.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes, Nancy, it's better to not overdo things, especially if the given substance/ingredient may have similar properties to SSRIs. Omega-3 though, is a very good idea.

As for saffron, I did a tiny bit of googling - they mention it being good for stomach, kidneys, depression, and others, though there's always a possibility it may tinker with the neurotransmitters.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

the amen clinic doctor recommended ofptimied saffron with satiereal at lef.org. he gave site of study of comparison to prozac. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17174460 if you are interested. what have you heard about amen clinic. i am definately getting better but long way to go. childhood stuff free therapist brought up getting better but still brutal. sleeping better since went up 25mg more trazadone. hate doing it but was best choice i could come up with given my current state. definately needed to go up 10mg on celexa though due to severity of depression/anxiety. hate doing that too but have to feel better. the suffering is astronomical. thank you for all of your help. i will definitely read up on w/d before reduce again. need to learn all i can before do it.

Sorry, I just don’t remember about Amen any more. I looked into him once and decided he wasn’t right for me. You’ll have to do your own research on it. If you find something you have a question about, you can run it past us.

-- Holger Kalweit

better concentration, more energy, ability to look to future, more awake, more alive, less stressed, less fearful, more calm, way less childhood suffering. praise the lord and thank god you guys urged me to get back on drugs. i have suffered horrendously since last june. the level of nonfunctioning and psychological suffering has been astronomical. crazy how bad i have suffered. still suffering immensely. but better and should be better on these added milligrams. still cant stand being with myself. constant distraction to stay away from severe severe depression and stay alive while drugs kick in. cant wait for more drugs to kick in. i am taking omega threes. anything else good for depression that i can take when taking ssris. thanks for all your help. it has really helped me and kept me moving along. i really appreciate it. needed and need the support and opinions.