Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy's Journal

celexa is neurotoxic as all psychotropics, so less we take , better it is, and we have to not forget that in future, after stabilizing and some relief, the goal will be to slowly taper, but very slowly
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Wow, that is so great to hear you're starting to feel better, Nancy! It looks like the worst is behind you. Stay patient now. It should continue to improve. Your body will be able to heal from everything. Just one step at a time.
    What he said ^^^

I'm so glad you are finding some relief. Let's hope that it only gets better from here.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

i definately feel better but i am still severly miserble and have to withstand until more drugs kick in. i worry that celexa may not be most effective anti depressant for me. no reason why. i just need to feel better so want one that works for me. only been 10 mg for 12 days. and 20 (upped it 10 a few days later) for 8 days. i have hope it is going to make me feel quite a bit better with time but i do know that it may not get all parts of my brain that need help and i am suffering bad bad.
    Does anyone know if celexa helps with anxiety
    Does anyone know how all these drugs differ like celexa, paxil, prozac. etc. and why one drug works for some peopple and not others.
    Thanks for your support and recommending i get back on drugs.

Be patient, Nancy. It may take some time before Celexa gets in full swing. Yes, it should help with anxiety too - the way it has so far alleviated your symptoms.

There might be many reasons why those drugs work in a different way for people - individual physiological profile, the circumstances in which you take drugs. Also, at least in theory, every drug works on a different combination/number of neurotransmitters.

You're doing an incredible job. Stay strong!
    Last edited by Luc; 04-04-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

It's a really good sign that you can say that you definitely feel better. Do you feel well enough yet to start trying some relaxation exercises, or light meditation? There are many things available on Youtube that you can spend time listening to. Anything you can do to relax or distract yourself from worry will help the Celexa be as effective as possible.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

after a cold turkey in 1,5 month paxil tapering, i was switched in celexa, it took 2/3 weeks to make effects, i was better; but my goal was to taper so after one month on 20 mg, i began taper celexa during about 11 months, and never was stabilized during tapering
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hi, I was doing mindfulness durring all this but obviously very distracted. Why will relaxation and meditation help celexa work better. Thank you for your advice. I like the advice of distracting myself from worry. that seems sound. all i do is worry. Feeling better today but still suffering a lot. cant wait for it to kick in more. 9 days on 20 mg now (was on 10 for 4 days before that). Doc said 4-6 for full effect. plus am taking 50 mg trazadone about 5 nights now. i think the sleeping has helped me a lot. hate taking another drug but too dysfunctional to do much else.
    I see doctor monday. i need to learn about how long really takes for these drugs to kick in, what is typical dose for very severe depression, i need to be careful about her wanting me to up dosage. could be smart, could not. not sure what she will want. but also need severe relief from suffering so it is a tough call for me about how and when and if to add more. Any thoughts on this?

how is getting off paxil and tapering off celexa going. how do you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by nancys View Post
    but also need severe relief from suffering so it is a tough call for me about how and when and if to add more. Any thoughts on this?
    I'd say you need to still wait for the drugs you are taking to take effect, Nancy. It's still not enough time.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Be careful about being too impatient and losing track of *all* your objectives. You want to get off the meds and let your body heal and find your true self. You also want to stay safe and not be suicidal. It would be nice to take the edge off some of the suffering, but….

If you take enough medication to get rid of all the suffering you will be canceling out your goal of getting off the meds.

The Celexa and Trazaone you are taking will definitely show more benefit over time. The more you can do to relax and distract yourself from worry, the faster they will take effect because you can override anything by strong enough emotion. Like, if you’re pretty drunk and relaxed, and something happens to scare you, boom, you’re sober. Those meds are just moving around molecules. If you *try* to move around molecules in the direction of calm, you augment the function of the meds.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit