Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Nancy's Journal

40 mg celexa is much
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Great to hear about this psychologist, Nancy!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

but even on 40 celexa still severely severely depressed.
    tried strattera one day for cognitive stuff. made me very tired and unmotivated
    tried vyvanz one day for cognitive stuff. made me best cognitively since car wreck 3 years ago but made me hyped up and trouble sleeping. wanted to keep taking but just too hyped up. really liked cognitive help. and was on low dose of 25mg, could have been great but too hyped.
    still going through torture brutal hell with childhood stuff and w/d and who knows. just know i need more or different drugs cause still barely staying alive. this is so hard it is unbelievable. need a drug that works and could have to go through more that make me worse. whatever. just have to feel better very very bad.

Nancy, we are thinking of you. I'm so sorry you're going through this suffering. It looks like lots of switches in recent months and years may have destabilized your system a lot. But there were still some moments after the reinstatement during which you felt a bit better. When was the last such relief/semi-relief?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I’m so sorry things are so brutal still, nancy. Have you ever tried neurontin or valproic acid? I’m just curious.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

for me, the solution is not in meds, chemical substances; we have to avoid them as soon as we have the possibility
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Last time got relief was when I started celexa and slowly increased to 40mg. Then been the same. except when tried well butrin (too much anxiety) and vyvanz (too much anxiety). I just need to try more. The brain injury caused severe anxiety. so i. I h think i have strong reaction to some meds. i tried well butrin years ago and loved it but it kept me awake. This time had tons of physical anxiety and difficulty concentrating.
    I just met a doctor who said after years of migraines he found topomax. it changed his life. i told my psychiatrist and he said we will try it soon. the doctor i met said he said he would start with topomax over norontin. I haeve never heard of valproic acid. Since i have severe stress cause i have to move in 11 days with no place to go and limited income and brain injury makes it virtually impossible to complete tasks the doc said take the vyvanz if I want just to get thru move. It makes my brain feel best since car wreck. but does hype me up. but it might be worth it in short run. please let me know what you know about the 2 drugs you mentioned.

nancys -- I'm glad you talked to an MD about neurontin and valproic acid. I don't know much about them. I just know they can sometimes be stabilizing to the brain, and I was wondering if you had tried them.

You know my hope is for you to get off meds and you also know I put a lot of store in mega-dose Omega-3. But, if you just can't stand it, then I support your finding meds to keep you going.

I hope the move goes as well as possible.

I want to make sure you saw this announcement here about this forum closing --

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...Future-of-IAWP

Please consider joining other support forums --

http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/

http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/index.php

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Yes I want to get off med too. I just can barely function and am totally suicidal so want to get more stabilized and deal with getting off later

I totally support you on doing what you need to do to stay safe, and make life at least minimally livable. I'm sending you healing wishes.....

-- Holger Kalweit