Thread: Energy / consciousness / information healing modalities

Energy / consciousness / information healing modalities

Since the matter in question is a very broad phenomenon (or rather a possible group of *phenomena*), the title of this thread encompasses the most probable theories behind it. Yet, as the most widely used one is “energy” healing, I’ll use it in this post from now on.

Let me say first that I myself was a staunch skeptic of anything that would fall outside the mainstream scientific paradigm. In recent years though, after having looked into the matter more closely, my views have changed dramatically. On many levels, it was my personal awakening, and as such it demanded a general overhaul of my entire outlook on life and science, revisiting my entire belief system. But, once that happened, I realized how many new possibilities to explore it opens, and that, in the long run, some of them could potentially lead to inventing new ways of helping with WD symptoms.

Wikipedia defines "energy healing" as follows;

Energy medicine, energy therapy or energy healing, a branch of complementary and alternative medicine, holds the belief that a healer can channel healing energy into the person seeking help by different methods: hands-on, hands-off, and distant (or absent) where the patient and healer are in different locations. There are various schools of energy healing. It is known as biofield energy healing, spiritual healing, contact healing, distant healing, therapeutic touch, Reiki or Qigong. Spiritual healing is largely non-denominational: practitioners do not see traditional religious faith as a prerequiste for effecting a cure. Faith healing, by contrast, takes place within a religious context.

One important caveat though. I don’t want this post to offer any false hope of the cure being just round the corner. It may take time and lots of work to create any possible treatment protocol for alleviating WD symptoms.

The mainstream science has, for quite a time now, especially since the time when the all-powerful Big Pharma gained financial and systemic control over the scientific narrative, denounced “energy healing” as ineffective. But this is starting to change.

There have been many healers who were very efficient in treating the whole gamut of illnesses. Unfortunately, there were also those “stubborn” ones, among them neurological conditions. One of the reasons behind it was a high complexity thereof. Still, even those were possible to treat by some healers.

Now, considering how *complex* condition PWS (Prolonged Withdrawal Syndrome) is even *within* neurological realm, could we still find ways of alleviating it via the “energy” route? Could we speed up the healing process by applying the methods of energy healing. If so, to what extent?

Sheila has done a tremendous amount of research in this area. You can read about it on her blog. All her findings are always very well-documented. You might find the post from June 25 2012 especially interesting; Interview with Rosalyn Bruyere: Neurological problems and energy healing;

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.c...n-bruyere.html

…and this one; 20th c. healer Bill Gray and the enteric brain as phase monitor, from February 27 2013;

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.c...nteric_27.html

Please, share your personal experience. Have you ever tried “energy healing” for WD or for any other condition during WD or pre-WD?

Also, if you come across any book, article, web site, data that you found interesting, please share it with us in this thread.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

This is an excellent blog --

http://bioenergyandcancer.blogspot.com/

It focuses on energy healing and cancer, but it serves as a very informative introduction, and ongoing discussion of energy healing in general.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post

Let me say first that I myself was a staunch skeptic of anything that would fall outside the mainstream scientific paradigm. In recent years though, after having looked into the matter more closely, my views have changed dramatically. On many levels, it was my personal awakening, and as such it demanded a general overhaul of my entire outlook on life and science, revisiting my entire belief system. But, once that happened, I realized how many new possibilities to explore it opens, and that, in the long run, some of them could potentially lead to inventing new ways of helping with WD symptoms.

luc, honey!
    I could have written this

Just just wrote in another post something.

My experience:
    15 months ago, I was in severe WD benzo, and I got a pain in the sole of the left foot (plantar fasciitis). I went to visit a therapist (also masseuse, natural therapies ...), and gave me foot massage (me pain during the massage ...). Finally, the therapist placed her hands on my foot. I felt heat in the foot.
    I, with a smile on my face, I said, "Oh, you warmed massaging!. Physiotherapist, looked at me, and said," Wow, you're very perceptive!, You realized you were doing reiki ". physiotherapist said she believes in Reiki, and does their patients (although most patients do not know it, because they think she's crazy!)

Be definitively, I believe in the healing energy. We all have experience of going to places with "good vibrations", or "places shudder". Sometimes we talk to people who are "thieves or energy vampires", they leave us exhausted and drained. By contrast there are people who energize us (we know those people). Also, take the hand to a sick or sad when, we are giving energy to that person (we do spontaneously), when we are silent for not fighting, we are reserving our energy.

All are energy thieves, we all want to be with people that give us energy. Lol, we are in this forum because we want energy. Luc, Sheila and the other moderators we provide energy

The convalescents, or WD seroxat/benzo, we are more perceptive / aware of energy, in particular the lack of energy, we run away from everything that we subtract energy (some people..., talk..., places...). We need energy for us. We have no surplus energy to give, lol.

Regards,
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Great points, Parox. That is what it precisely is. Now, if we learnt how to channel this energy in the best possible way, it would open new possibilities for treating neurological disorders, of which part is PWS.

Quote Originally Posted by PAROX2010 View Post
    15 months ago, I was in severe WD benzo, and I got a pain in the sole of the left foot (plantar fasciitis). I went to visit a therapist (also masseuse, natural therapies ...), and gave me foot massage (me pain during the massage ...). Finally, the therapist placed her hands on my foot. I felt heat in the foot.
    I, with a smile on my face, I said, "Oh, you warmed massaging!. Physiotherapist, looked at me, and said," Wow, you're very perceptive!, You realized you were doing reiki ". physiotherapist said she believes in Reiki, and does their patients (although most patients do not know it, because they think she's crazy!)
    That's a nice story! Thank you for sharing it. Everyone reading this thread is very welcome to share theirs. Sometimes we're afraid to do it for the fear of not being understood. After all, they don't talk about it on the mainstream news, and, if they do, they present it in such a way as to discredit it from the get-go.
    Last edited by Luc; 03-16-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Great story, Parox!

Yes, there are definitely places with good energy or bad, and there are definitely energy vampires. Judith Orloff has written well about this.

What you said is very true about how we are more sensitive to energy in w/d, and how we mostly focus on running away from things that subtract energy. It is more difficult for us to choose to move towards things that give us good energy. Partly, this is because even positive stimulation is difficult for us. But, partly, it is a bias that it is good to be aware of.

Sick people are conservative and cautious. It is understandable. But, we have to pay attention to what makes us feel better – it may be a particular author or topic – and move towards it. It is all energy.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Bruce Lipton

"The Biology of Belief"

"Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles"

Bruce Lipton is a cell biologist. He was fascinated by cells even as a child. His passionate interest in the inner workings of the cell led to his important discoveries. Ultimately I believe that his work on the cell will be seen as one of the major scientific contributions of our generation.

This is an overview of Bruce Lipton’s wonderful book, The Biology of Belief, Carlsbad CA., Hay House, 2009. All of the information on this page is taken from his book. I would hope that you will find this review intriguing and that you will be inspired to read the entire book.

Bruce Lipton’s discoveries place each one of us in charge of our biology. Our DNA and our genes do not control our health, we do. Let's find out why.

Bruce Lipton’s discoveries are a significant paradigm shift in science and biology. They changed his life forever. They may change yours.

Educate yourself. The medical industrial complex does not embrace new ideas easily. There is too much money invested in the old way of doing things.

This page is focused on Bruce Lipton's discovery and the huge paradigm shift it represents. I would urge you to read his book so you can understand the fascinating process he went through.

Correlation and Causation are not the same thing

The “central dogma” in biology is that our DNA and our genes control our biology. This genetic determinism made us victims of our biology and also took away our own responsibility for our health. Just because a gene is correlated with a disease does not mean that it caused the disease.

The Human Genome Project was a huge disappointment. It was expected that at least 120,000 genes would be discovered and that they could be manipulated to control diseases. In fact only about 25,000 genes were discovered. There are many other organisms in the biological world that have many more genes than we do. There are very few single gene diseases. There are less than 5 that are well known and they affect a very small percent of the population.

Bruce Lipton's discoveries about the cell

Let’s follow Bruce’s train of thought and see what he concludes.

Cell nucleus

You can remove the nucleus and it’s DNA from a cell and the cell continues to work normally. The nucleus is not the cell’s brain. The cell is intelligent without it’s genes.

DNA functions as the reproductive gonads of the cell. Without DNA the cell cannot reproduce.

The DNA works like a construction blueprint for the cell. The DNA is inside the chromosome covered by regulatory proteins. (Think of construction blueprints stored in a tube. They cannot be read until you take them out of the tube.)

The DNA is stored in an inactive state. It is not working as a functioning part of the cell most of the time.

Cell Membrane

If you destroy the cell membrane the cell dies.

The cell membrane has the job of interacting with the environment. It is aware of the environment and it sets in motion appropriate responses to environmental signals.

In our body this function is handled by the brain and nervous system.

Bruce Lipton shows us why the cell membrane is his candidate for the brain of the cell. He demonstrates this in a very fun and easy to understand way using a bread and butter sandwich with olives in it.

Proteins and the environment

Remember, the DNA is covered up by protein sheaths and stored in an inactive state most of the time.

An environmental signal activates regulatory protein sheaths to uncover a piece of the DNA so it can be read.

The cell makes a Xerox copy (RNA) from the exposed part of the DNA. This copy is used as a functional component to manufacture protein molecules.

The DNA is covered up again (put safely back in the storage tube). The DNA (the construction blueprint)does not build the building. You and the proteins do.

Epigenetic signals from the environment can create 2,000 or more variations of proteins from the same gene blueprint.

This is how environmental fine tuning is passed down from generation to generation. (Epigenetic Inheritance and Evolution, Jablonka and Lamb, 1995) (Lipton pg. 42)

Please continue to read to the amazing conclusion - we are not there yet.

Movement, activity and the intelligence of the cell

Our cells are built from over 100,000 types of proteins.

These proteins are configured in amino acid chains.

Amino acids and their electromagnetic charges act like magnets in the amino acid chain.

The attraction and repulsion of the magnetic charges of the amino acids configure the final shape of the acid chain into different protein molecules.

The electromagnetic charges of the amino acids are responsible for the movement of the protein chains and molecules.

More at: http://www.energyhealing-quantumheal...ce-Lipton.html