Thread: Thoughts

Thoughts

do others find themselves hearing themself telling themself to do something that doesn't make sense?
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Hm, I think even most of non-WD people may have experienced it in their lives (it also depends on the definition of "making sense", you know, for some it may actually *make sense*). Was it more a matter of strange grammar used or rather what actually you were saying to yourself, the content? Considering one being in WD, such occurences would be an order of magnitude more common and intense than in healthy folks, I think.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I’m not sure.

What I have noticed in w/d that I never noticed before w/d is that I will get an overwhelming urge to say a word, and it can be a word that does not seem to have any meaning for what is happening around me. Sometimes it just feels like I like the sound of the word. Like, let’s say, “haberdashery.”

Another thing – in early w/d, when falling asleep, it seemed like I was hearing snippets of other people’s conversations – very innocous conversations, mid-sentence, like “….coming back from the store. Then, I went….” That has stopped.

But, I am seeing more and more writing as I fall asleep.

Oh, actually, only recently, I have started hearing short comments that seem to come from someone else. But they make sense for the situation and are helpful, like, “Just trust.”

On another front, I’ve had intrusive images, that were very disturbing. This has decreased to almost nil, but still happens occasionally.

Does any of this help, gD?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit