Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
The memory problem i have is a bit different. I dont mind all the memories pop up, its the fear thats attached to them. Im not sure why. Maybe its because im mourning my old life back and i know ill never have that back again. If i listen to a familiar song that i used to like a few years ago, instant fear and panic. Not nice at all.

Do people who suffered from an adverse reaction heal too? Is it the same as normal withdrawal?
It’s very common to have that panic reaction to old memories coming up – whether they’re serious or innocuous. I would be careful not to over-interpret that reaction. I think that’s very chemical.

And it’s also very common to not be able to tolerate music or other fond things from your pre-ordeal life while you’re still in the ordeal, because the contrast is so painful. You won’t be going back to exactly your previous life, you will be moving on to an even better life, and, once you recover more, you *will* be able to re-integrate things you want to keep from your previous life.

My informal observation is that people tend to recover from AR faster than from w/d.