Thread: "pills make me a better mom"

"pills make me a better mom"

http://www.andersoncooper.com/episod...marlee-matlin/

On ANderson Cooper, one of the guests said, "As a mother, if you are depressed and you don't take antidepressants you will damage your children for the rest of their lives." No mention of other therapies. ADs or doomsday. It was like this guest was a plant from the drug companies. In that one sentence, she made as manipulatively effective an argument for taking ADs as imaginable.(imagine the millions of dollars spent by drug companies on studies into how to manipulate the psychology of maternal guilt)
    Anderson glibly avoids taking a stand, using the same format as hard news programs that fan the flames of argument for argument (ratings) sake.

On another Anderson show, he showed footage of monkeys that are trained to work as waiters in a restaurant, wearing cute outfits, and he giggled about how much he has always wanted to have one of these monkeys as a doorman in his house (remember he grew up very privileged and very rich). Then at the very end of the segment, as an after thought, he said, laughing, "this treatment of monkeys is probably abusive (laugh laugh) but I still want one in my house. . ."

Analogously--this whole drug addiction thing is sure troublesome (hand wringing grimace) but boy is it good for ratings and ad dollars . . .
    Last edited by Chris; 03-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)