Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

if i have good understand you dropped 0.5 to 0.25

for me 0.50 to 0.25 mg is too fast, there are risks, when the depression anxiety falls without warn, it is too late, we are in hell; i would do the 10 % or 15 %, xanax is very strong and the brain reacts after several days and suddenly
    Last edited by stan; 03-03-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Alex, Stan is right. This 0.5 to 0.25 drop might be too radical. It'd be better to go slowly with it - just to be on the safe side.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Only 4 hours sleep last night... lots of intestinal gas.. it's like I have a bubble machine in my bowels (too much info, I know) ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Aw, Junior, I hate short nights like that. They do make my whole body work less well --sinus, GI, muscles....Hope you sleep better tonight.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Only 4 hours sleep last night... lots of intestinal gas.. it's like I have a bubble machine in my bowels (too much info, I know) ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I developed GI problems because of all the serotonin receptors in the gut -- lots of food sensitivities, gas, bloating, etc. Shortly after starting SSRI I found that foods I had eaten before w/o problem, caused a lot of gas (beans, veggies). So I found I had to stop eating some very healthy foods.The solution was Ayurveda herbs (made by Ayush): trifal, pippli, and "enzyme plus". Ayurvedic medicine places a large emphasis on diet. So while I also had to stop eating gluten and eggs, the herbs allowed me to eat all veggies and beans and finally have peace in my gut! (let me know if you want to know how to get Ayush herbs which seem to be very good quality)
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

Thanks Chris. I'm doing chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture at the moment so hopefully that will help. He wants to rebalance my whole endocrine system but is working on the gut first. If it doesn't achieve much I will try to remember your post and will let you know. Thanks.

I've talked to a couple of others who have had similar issues. I thought it might be w/d due to the serotonin receptors in the gut (I was aware of this) and it seems I was right. As with most other w/d symptoms time is the best healer so I guess I just need to be patient. The herbs won't hurt though because I was a bit low in digestive enzymes. With losing 40kg in about 14 months (lap band) and being unable to take a multivitamin (too sensitive in w/d), I just haven't been able to get enough of them into me. But I think most of this is w/d.

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Hi Junior, I´ve being trying to lower my Cortisol levels with a supplement called "Phosphatydilserine" taking 100mg before bed, and it has been helpful.

I got this info. from another support group:http://survivinganti...rx-and-natural/

If you can´t open the link, look for "Seriphos"

Thanks Alex. I generally find the Neurocalm effective but, of course, life intervenes and sometimes it is not enough. I took Valerian forte last night as well and slept much better. Only thing is, it tends to slow down the bowels so I can't take it too often. Honestly, this w/d thing is so complex

i had many noises in bowels the first two years of withdrawal, today i have more as pins pain, as shoks of knife
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

That sounds similar to what I get with gluten -- like cramps. I feel that AD contributed to my food intolerances at it reeked havoc in the gut.
    Have you tried doing an elimination of a certain food to see if that helps? (like eliminate the main culprits one at a time-- wheat, eggs, peanuts, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i had many noises in bowels the first two years of withdrawal, today i have more as pins pain, as shoks of knife
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)