Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

Insomnia

As I have posted before, my symptoms during the day, even though awfull, are manageable.

Sometimes, if my day has been "good" I come home and realize that I am in w/d because I get to my room, I see the bed and then I remember that I am gonna have a bad night.

As Claudius posted, extreme anxiety has not been an issue in this moment of w/d. Insomnia has.My sleep is VERY disrupted.

I really would like to know how this symptom has improved or behave during W/D for you people.

I have being able to "manage" with teas, Valerian, PATIENCE and a little benzo: 0.25 I know I shouldn´t but if I don´t sleep, I´ll be a lot worse.

Please I REALLY need some veterans to tell me how they cope with insomnia in early w/d and how it evolved.

There's no doubt, Alex, it will be improving. So often what is needed is simply more time. How long are you able to sleep during the night these days?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Perhaps you will be able to find some natural remedies in here, Alex; http://www.earthclinic.com/ailments.html

People's sleep definitely gets better with time.

What about researching meditation and brain wave entrainment CDs -- these things have helped me with sleep.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    There's no doubt, Alex, it will be improving. So often what is needed is simply more time. How long are you able to sleep during the night these days?
    I am able to sleep (disrupted) from 1am to 5am and then I sleep some more in the morning.

When my nights are "manageable" I feel a big improvement.

7 months Effexor free.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Hi Alex, I have had problems of insomnia for months in withdrawal:I used to go to bed late in the night and could not sleep before 2 or 3 am.
    This situation has slightly improved with time.Even if I know I cannot sleep sleep I use to go to bed at 11 pm.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Deleted
    Last edited by Junior; 03-02-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Double
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Alex, I posted this in another thread about insomnia http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ping-improving

I've had this issue for over 4 years now although it fluctuates depending on where I am at with my taper. I know how hard it is. Another thing I do is go back to bed once my son has left for his day program. I often manage another hour or so and it makes all the difference.

You could also try things like acupuncture and meditation.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

You could try searching for some meditation videos/music on Youtube, Alex. There is lots of it. You could find something that would suit best in your situation.

Thank you all.

I´ve had better control of my insomnia in the last days.

I have this "method" and recipe and is working for now.As a matter of fact, things are slightly improving; I went down from 0.50mg Xanax to 0.25mg

Despite my fear from my condition, I think I´m slowly improving; anxiety is much better.

7 months Effexor free (I hope is worth it)