Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 4 Months out of cipralex...

It would be really good if you can. I know it is hard but it can definitely help. They actually recommend walking for people suffering depression these days!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

yep but in these bad symptoms days its hard, should i fight it or should i stay home thats the doubt

Stan can help you with this. He tries to walk when he can.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

maybe he see this and give some advices ;)

Niks -- it depends what the reason is that it is hard to go out. Does exercise make you feel better or worse? If it makes you feel worse, then it may be too much for you physically. Does it make you feel anxious to go out? Then start by exercising indoors.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Niks, here is what it looks like; in some cases, and at some point of WD, physical exercise will help greatly, in others, or at still other point of WD (especially the early WD), it is, from a physiological, psychological and emotional point of view either impossible or may, at least, cause the worsening of symptoms (to all possible degrees - from a mild worsening, through moderate, to severe). Thus, you need to keep trying it out, learn more about the way your body reacts to it, monitor it, along with experimenting with the dose, frequency, type of exercise, and so on.

What needs to be especially remembered is that, very very often, if you are in a severe or early WD, the post-exercise worsening may happen even as late as 24-72 hours after the fact, which is why one is, initially, unable to establish a correlation (and causation) between the two. I have been there and done that too. Also, you may feel better during and after the exercise (endorphines, oxygen, etc.), but, then, you cause the temporary aggreviating of your dysautonomia. WD is unlike any other condition there is. And on all the levels.

On the other hand, when it is only possible, and the exercises do not cause *that* severe symptoms, any form of mild to moderate physical exertion will promote neurogenesis one one level, and will take your mind off of WD on the other, and may assist at speeding up your recovery process.

So, the bottomline is; no sudden changes, try the ground, sometimes push a bit, at other times take it easy, experiment, listen to your body. Like in life. :)
    And, above all, this way or that, every single day will be bringing you closer to recovery.

More info and discussion you will find here; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...p?803-Exercise
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Niks View Post
    thanks junior ;)

Luc - i do my exercises good, not with the strengh that i once have but i dont feel bad doing them, my case is that in some days i feel weak and dont have the will to go and do it
    I went to my water aerobics class. The whole time in the locker room before (getting suit on, etc.) I commiserated with others about what a chore it is to motivate to get to the pool in the winter. (complaining group therapy). Then, after swimming, I was chatting with someone about how it's always worth it afterwards.
    Now, I do feel more exhaustion after exercise, so what I do is adjust my self-expectations. I knew I wouldn't be sleepy, but I was tired so I laid down and listened to the radio for an hour. I heard a fantastic Fresh Air interview about the Supreme court members--it was the most insight i've ever gotten on that "secret society." (Terry hit a home run!)
    So I have to be more flexible re. exercise and making choices and not trying to "do it all."
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

well i guess is the same thing to me, doing exercises or not...

i can be weeks without training anything and i have these symptoms with the same degree, for example i am at home without exercise for a couple of weeks and i am going trough bad days Psycological and physical!

I am more depressed this days, dont go out and some times i really feel like "what am i doing?" i should be doing things to distract myself or is better to stay home thinking about this all the time!?

I really dont have the will to call friends and maintain relations with people i kinda have gone away from my friends because of my bad days.

A very good friend have suggested me a neurologist, of course i will tell him all my history and why i take the decision to go out on the AD´s, but im sick of my psychyatrist cause i only go there to spend money and nothing more, and many people here in portugal says that is better a neuro than a psych cause the psych only knows this poison called AD, but the neuro may have a little more understanding of what i am passing trough... or simply dont go neither.

Another thing is my psicotherapyst, i like her and is cool to talk of my issues and all but is so much money that i have touble to make and then there are no results because most of my state is being caused by w/d...i understand it could help us psyco go trough this but sincerly i think at this moment is a wast of money and time, maybe when i get better physiolocaly it make sence to work the psi!??

What you think ?

sorry for all the questions, im going trough a rough time and i know there is people here with more severe symptoms, but it´s making my life just pass away

Quote Originally Posted by Niks View Post
    sorry for all the questions, im going trough a rough time and i know there is people here with more severe symptoms, but it´s making my life just pass away
    don't apologize--your questions are very welcome. I am going to look for a thread about therapy and get back to you with the link in a minute

Okay here it is--this is a discussion of psychotherapy in w/d started by SHeila (11/25/12) in Alternative Healing and the thread is titled psychotherapy) Mike's post 11/29 really matched with my experience
    Last edited by Chris; 03-07-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)