Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 4 Months out of cipralex...

ok luc...
    for now is this, going for the 5fth month without cipralex but still on xanax...in the beggining i felt very memory deprived like i forgot words and when i had a conversation i get trouble to remember things etc, that point as improved but in the "bad" days it feels like im on that again like im slow on everything.

Then is the usual, my hands and feet get hot and i feel weak, my face gets i dont know how you say in english but it´s like "dorment" i guess or like i have little ants walking on my face, and the intestinal thing that is very very weird and i never read about a symptom like this but i feel a little strange feeling in the anus but inside and i do not have the natural will to go to the wc, like i have constipation...even with gases they stay inside ;) sorry for this intestinal part lol

sorry, one more thing i forget to tell you, before i started taking any meds the first symptom that i have was the panic attacks high anxiety lvls, then when i was trying to discover what i have because i was completely blind of what was happening to me i didnt even know about panic attacks or anxiety or depression, those days after the first panic attacks i whake up with this feeling that i have today when i wake up, this feeling of tiredness or hanghover very strange...

Just for you gyes to know...dont know if means anything! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Niks View Post
    in the beggining i felt very memory deprived like i forgot words and when i had a conversation i get trouble to remember things etc, that point as improved but in the "bad" days it feels like im on that again like im slow on everything.

Then is the usual, my hands and feet get hot and i feel weak, my face gets i dont know how you say in english but it´s like "dorment" i guess or like i have little ants walking on my face, and the intestinal thing that is very very weird and i never read about a symptom like this but i feel a little strange feeling in the anus but inside and i do not have the natural will to go to the wc, like i have constipation...even with gases they stay inside ;) sorry for this intestinal part lol
    These are ver typical WD symptoms, Niks. The good thing is you already know what causes them, and that it will be improving for sure.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

sorry, one more thing i forget to tell you, before i started taking any meds the first symptom that i have was the panic attacks high anxiety lvls, then when i was trying to discover what i have because i was completely blind of what was happening to me i didnt even know about panic attacks or anxiety or depression, those days after the first panic attacks i whake up with this feeling that i have today when i wake up, this feeling of tiredness or hanghover very strange...

It could have been severe life-stressors manifesting themselves in panic attacks, depression, and others. Paradoxically, what you have learnt about your body and mind so far, and what you will still learn about, it will all help you to not only beat WD, but to be able to deal with similar symptoms, *if* such happened to repeat themselves in the future. That is for sure.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

yep, i´m in the middle of that "tired of being bad" situation :/ but i believe or i have ther wish that i can be better again, some times i want to believe that all this is a growing experince, very hard but achievable...

Dont know if anyone feels this but i think it´s anxiety, i feel like i have a golf ball on my troath, i feel it when i swallow per ex!

it is a classic somatization anxiety in throat ,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

yes i remember kind of a similar thing in the biggining of everything!

Today i where very depressed, didnt come out home i wake up very low energy and that hangover sensation, but very very depressed:(

What you gyes do in these days?

Niks, have you heard of panic disorder? People who have this have these massive panic attacks that seem to come out of nowhere and the symptoms are so severe it's like they are having a heart attack. Tests usually show nothing so it is classed as 'anxiety'. Studies have shown slight differences in the brain function of people who have this and what seems to make it worse is that people fear the panic attacks themselves, thereby increasing their anxiety. I don't know if this is what you experienced but I thought I'd mention it.

Generalised anxiety disorder is different. It is characterised by an overactive nervous system - especially the amygdala which controls our fight or flight response - and ruminative thinking. There is a strong desire to 'get to the bottom of it' to make the anxiety go away but in actual fact, the ruminating makes things worse! Again, slight differences in brain function have been found.

Feeling tired after high anxiety is normal. It takes a lot out of the body!

Hope this info helps. I suffered with GAD for many years, long before I even knew it had a name (it didn't when I first had it) and I wish I'd know then what I know now.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

yes i remember kind of a similar thing in the biggining of everything!

Today i where very depressed, didnt come out home i wake up very low energy and that hangover sensation, but very very depressed:(

What you gyes do in these days?
    The best you can. Walking is very good. It raises certain brain chemicals that help to lift mood. Apart from that, don't be hard on yourself. It's w/d and will pass.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

hello junior, yes 5 years ago it all started with panic attacks, but at the moment i dont feel them anymore i dont experience one for years, but yes a take xanax still and i feel my anxiety is here but not at that level! i think it has to do to the w/d too.

Have to start going outside even if i feel down and take a walk or do some exercise