Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Months out of cipralex...

well i dont noticed anything, somedays are worse other days are softer, one thing i know i need to have a good night sleep, another thing i notice is when i do something different like go to the beach or have a compromise to be in this place to do this thing i feel worse, but on all other moments symptoms just come and go and one day i might feel weak and on the other day i feel weak and with nausea and so and so.

Im at the moment doing psycotherapy, well it fells good to talk with somebody that are there to listen and that knows about other cases, but psycologists dont undertand this "withdrawl syndrome" becouse they think it dont exist and its only the beginning of the condition that lead us to take meds coming back...so its kind of weird, i also have a homeopath doctor that advice me and gime some suplments...

hello Nicks,

i think also you have to wait 2 months and see how you are, if not enough well, wait several months more;
    tapering the benzo after the antidepressant will be more difficult and you need your total energy; do not underestimate the power of these meds!
    the antidepressant withdrawal is similar to benzo withdrawal; the rule of 10% has showed his proof;
    in your case i would wait; the goal is to have success, not to go fast and be back worse
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

yes i agree, at the moment is dificult to do things i enjoy like going to the gym etc but i force me to do in the days that im not so bad.

For the benzo i will do the w/d when i feel prepared, dont know how many time it will take, because some days i feel better but in others it feels like ive quitted AD yesterday...

Hello, Niks! Granted, doctors and psychologists don't know much about the syndrome. The truth is only now starting to get out.

The most important things is that you are now ADs-free. You did a great job getting off of the drugs and you will be improving. As for the benzo, it would be advisable to wait a little bit longer, and then do the 10% method.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

ok luc ;)...one more thing that i have forgot, one symptom that is always there is wen i wake up it feels like im on a hangoover or something like headache etc but this feelings i remember that i have when i yet dont take any meds, with me all began with panic attacks and then i was prescribed with benzo and AD...

Another question that i have is how it goes for you gyes, how it was in the beginning and what you´ve done like "exercise" or other things to improve or help improve...honestly im a little part away from my friends an doing things that i used to like because i dont feel good...any suggestion i apreciate ;)

Niks – We would like to move this thread to the Journals sub-forum, since it gives a nice introduction to who you are. Would that be OK with you? We will continue to post on it there.

Regarding the low-energy / low blood pressure sensation and the waking with hangover sensation – sometimes high anxiety can make us feel weak. When you feel this way, it might help to do something soothing like read a calming book, watch an uplifting video, play a *calming* video game.

I am glad you are getting some good support from a psychotherapist. Continue to hold on to the knowledge that you are in withdrawal from psych meds. You are right about that.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Well i dont manage to decifre if it is anxiety i guess it could be a little, those things i do already...the book i have "the power of now" from echart tolle...altought the symptoms are here every day!

Anyone who have benefit with exercise ? everybody says i should do it more often but in those bad days i cant :/

Sure move the thread ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Niks View Post
    Anyone who have benefit with exercise ? everybody says i should do it more often but in those bad days i cant :/
    Everyone differs, Niks. Thus the best way is to try experimenting a bit. Very often, the very intense physical exercise may worsen the symptoms, so, if you don't feel up to it, you can try out very mild exercise, and then, if your body adapted to it, you could make it more intense.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Niks and welcome to IAWP. I have nothing new to offer, I think waiting until you feel stable before starting your Xanax taper is a good idea. Just wanted to say "hi" :)
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

thanks junior ;)

Luc - i do my exercises good, not with the strenght that i once have but i dont feel bad doing them, my case is that in some days i feel weak and dont have the will to go and do it