Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Months out of cipralex...

4 Months out of cipralex...

Hello everyone,

i´m a portuguese 27 old, at some time in my 21 birth i have started with panic attacks, nothing bad have happened they just apeared of nothing...i went to various doctors and nothing was wrong with me, then i go to a doctor who told me that this was nothing fisical but mental, she prescript me with sedoxil (benzo) and cipralex(AD)...

I became better like in one week, unfornetely at that age and time of my life i have 0 information about this meds and i really felt better so i relax and didnt care.

i have take them for about 5 years because i was felling great so i didnt even doubt about anything, then one day i discovered a portuguese forum just like these, and saw so many reports of how bad these drugs are, see videos on you tube 2.

For about 6 months i have made a withdrawl of cipralex, i know it was not the best withdrawl but it is done and it as passed 4 months without, i still take Alprazolam because it have me told to me that we should do one on a time.

The symptoms i have are: kind of dorment in face not always, i feel with no interest in nothing i even get away from my friends cause i dont enjoy being like this with them, i feel a lot of "no energy" in the body some days more than others like when you have low blood pressure sensation, headaches some days in the beggining e have more, the digestive system i feel its not working good like obstipation etc sometimes i feel like i have the launch in my trothe even at night, but the more intense is really the sensation of "no energy" in the body...

Sorry for my bad english, if i could have any advice i would apreciate ;) thanks and gratz for the forum

Hi Niks, welcome to IAWP.

If you don't mind me asking, how much of a dosage were you on for the cipralex? Slowly tapering is best for coming off the drug. Did your doctor give you any guidance for stopping the cipralex or sedoxil?

IAWP is a great support for people who have been damaged by these drugs.

hi thanks,

I discovered a portuguese forum just like this, those people helped me doing the withdrawl of cipralex, i was on 10mg about 5 years and then started to take out 10% every month, but in the end when i was at 2mg i stoped and never toke them again 4 months ago...

But im still taking alprazolam because i dont know if i should do the withdrwal now or wait...

Others who have gone through this type of situation will be responding. I was damaged by citalopram and only have my experience of what happened in that case. Most people must "slowly" "slowly" reduce and it could take some time. Is your doctor aware that you are tapering off the meds?

You sound like a very strong person for researching and connecting with others to reduce harm to yourself.

Niks welcome! There is lots of info here about taper from zanax. THey will be weighing in soon to help you. Glad you joined us!
    Though I don't have personal experience about it, I'm Pretty sure you will get some rebound anxiety in w/d from zanax, but it may be useful to think of that as your body "returning to life"--I got alot of rebound anxiety from w/d of zoloft and I try to look on the bright side as if its a return of feeling as opposed to being comfortably numb (credit Pink Floyd)
    Best Wishes to you!
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

m&m - yes i think im a strong person and when i become aware of the harm that those meds do to the body i started to want to leave them, it has been quiet a jouney cause im a little depressed and lost some things but i believe that with time it all get better...yes my doctor knows about my tapering and complete withdrawl of cipralex but i didnt do it by his advice, in fact some times doctors dont know how to do it and give us wrong taperings methods, im aware that my withdrawl from cipralex was not the best but 4 months past i think its better not return and stay strong with my symptoms!

Chris - i have a tappering table ( http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/alprazolam.html ) now my doubt is when to start, i have symptoms of my AD w/d so i dont know if i can start now or when i feel better...

[QUOTE=Niks;14250]im aware that my withdrawal from cipralex was not the best but 4 months past i think its better not return and stay strong with my symptoms!

I agree --don't go back--go forward! and BTW--there probably is no such thing as the "ideal" withdrawal--at least not that is known at this time . . .so what you're doing is ideal for you. We will support you!!
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)

well ideal it isnt, ideal is not to have symptoms :) right now im with a sensation of a dificult to swallow damm this sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Niks View Post
    i believe that with time it all get better...yes my doctor knows about my tapering and complete withdrawl of cipralex but i didnt do it by his advice, in fact some times doctors dont know how to do it and give us wrong taperings methods,...
    True, it will get better.

Glad you are here. Please keep letting us know how you are doing.

Welcome, Niks!

Congratulations on tapering off the antidepressant. You did an excellent job of educating yourself about medication and withdrawal.

My opinion is that you should wait a minimum of two months more before you consider beginning the benzo taper. You should watch yourself and see if you stabilize more before you stress your body again with a second taper.

It appears that the symptom that bothers you most is the "no energy' / low blood pressure sensation. Have you noticed if anything makes this symptom better or worse?

Have you tried anything to help you with your symptoms? What helped? What did not help?

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit